www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: bulldawgs

Default bulldawgs

Hey this goes for tanner as well as anyone else who wants to answer.

How do you typically work a bulldawg? I learned from dennis lappen how to roll a dawg by just using only cranks (kinda like an underwater walk-the-dog) and this is a great tactic to get fish to come up and hit, but the hooking percentage isnt all that great. Any suggestions?

I like to work my dawgs when fishing deeper water with a pull of the rod, then reel up your slack and then another pull, if I am getting into alot of weeds then I will pop it up or jerk it up to get the weeds off. but mostly a sweeping or jerking action I have found to work the best.

Hope this helps.

Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com

Generally we like to pump our Bulldawgs as we fish a lot of shallow water. There have been many times however where we will also straight crank the Bulldawg in and give it a couple of pauses throughout the cast to get the quick drop of them (change in motion). This is where we have had a good chunk of the hits this way. Usually with 2 people in the boat we will mix it up and see what works best for the day and the lake we are on. From everything I've heard and seen.... there hasn't been a wrong way of fishing these. Good luck this season.

Tanner nice to see you back on the board.