www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: T.F.F. Update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default T.F.F. Update

Monday's walleye action was once again very good, and the deep river channels was the key once again. Doing just a half day trip, my client and I worked a series of deep river channel bends, and one deep rock pile in search for the eyes and we also tried a few cribs for panfish. Using both Reeves weedless and Horsehead jigs tipped with either fathead minnows or 3" Berkley Gulp ( minnow ) for walleye, we had non stop action in most areas with the exception of the deep rocks, here we only boated a couple of smaller eyes. Have to note that the bite on the Gulp outnumbered the bite on the fatheads by at least 3 to 1. Moving on to try a few cribs, we found only a few rock bass along with 1 small crappie.

Back out today, will keep you posted.
    Don Pemble

Default same action on north end

Don, what color gulp minnows were you using? Thank you.
    Dick

Don...was it Gulp Alive or the orginal Gulp? Also were they 3 or 4 inch size?

We'll see you "reel" soon!

Chuck

Default gulp

I also used Gulp this wknd - Alive! type - and did get a couple eyes but the dang northerns really nailed it. I was using 3" yellow minnow grub. In the summer I use GULP worms and they work at least as good as crawlers. I find it usually is more effective in wamer water, especially for panfish.

Default Gulp ( Alive )

Hey guys,

I have been using the 3 inch Chartreuse Gulp Alive, they have been just awsome.
    Don Pemble

Is there much of a difference between the "Original" Gulp and "Alive" Gulp?

Default Color Patterns

Thanks for the great info Don. What color & size jigs have you been using to produce the most fish? I will be fishing the flowage at the end of May, can I expect to find walleye in similar locations or is there a shift?

Trav where did you find that link I would be interested in seeing it