www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing report May 4-09

Default Fishing report May 4-09

Walleye fishing on the Det River heated up this past wknd as many anglers seen limits of walleyes come in the boat. Walleyes have been tight and using your GPS to stay on course has been the key. Once again the Ontario side of the river cleared up and fish were taken at Peche Is, St Rose Bay, Peace Fountain on the upper river and from the Ambassadoe Bridge to Fighting Island in the mid stretches. I have been using a Big Bite Bait motor oil colored ringworn or a Bio Bait Minnow in smelt color. Experiment to find out what is working best.
    Look for both Lake St Clair and Erie to start catching some fish. Those on St. Clair try near the river mouths of the Thames or Belle River in 8-10 FOW with a crank bait or harness. The walleyes will be out of the river recovering from the spawn and hungry.
    Those on Lake Erie, Holiday Beach will be the same but you will have to fish a little deeper 12-20 FOW as those walleyes will be exiting the Det River.
    Water temps are 53-56 degrees and there are numerous other species being caught, it is a great time to take a youngster fishing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mon walleyes.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	4666  
    Chartertalk Guide Service
    Bob Devine

Web Site: http://www.chartertalk.com/

Thanks to:
    Off Shore Tackle, St Croix Rods, Pure Water Brand, Northland Tackle, Okuma Fishing, Torpedo Fishing Products

Thumbs up I know that tailgate...

Those are some nice fish. I took a youngster fishing a couple of Mondays ago. He had fun catching suckers, white bass, sheephead and even managed a couple of those walleye.

Up north, SCR, the walleye fishing hasn't been all that hot. A few trips have yielded very few fish. None of the "hot spots" have been hot this year. Fishing has been very spotty.

Jeff