www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Tenny Locks Fishing Refuge

Default Tenny Locks Fishing Refuge

Went to Tenny locks this week end and the Posted No Fishing Refuge signs
    on land were all gone but the No Fishing Refuge sign they put in the middle of the river was still there. So after standing there scratching my head for several minutes watching all the other anglers fishing I finaly walked back to my car kicking the dirt all the way and left. I called the DNR today and they said it is for sure open to fish there they just have'nt had the time to remove the sign yet.

It opens with the season opener. Better safe than sorry. That's a hefty fine and loss of liscense.
    Scott

Default Lake Sturgeon?

Has anyone seen any lake sturgeon in the locks yet it might be to early in the year for there spawn they are cool to look at but i dont fish them to many rules and laws i dont know when you can even fish for them.

Quote Originally Posted by channelcat View Post
    Has anyone seen any lake sturgeon in the locks yet it might be to early in the year for there spawn they are cool to look at but i dont fish them to many rules and laws i dont know when you can even fish for them.
    I copied this from the DNR site.
    Scott

LAKE STURGEON
    Chippewa River: West Fork downstream from Moose Lake Dam (Sawyer Co.) and East Fork (Ashland Co.) downstream to the confluence of the Mississippi River (Pepin Co.) including sloughs, bayous, and flowages. Flambeau River: N Fork from Turtle-Flambeau Dam (Iron Co.) and S Fork (Price Co.) downstream to the confluence with the Chippewa River (Rusk Co.) including sloughs, bayous, and flowages. Butternut Lake (Price Co.) Jump River from the North and South Forks to the confluence with the Chippewa River (Rusk Co.); Yellow, Little Yellow, and Danbury Flowage chain of lakes (Burnett Co.); Wisconsin River below the Wisconsin Dells Dam (Columbia Co.) downstream.
    Sept. 5 – Sept. 30 (All Lake sturgeon taken with hook and line must be tagged and registered. See page 6 for more information).
    1 per season

SHOVELNOSE STURGEON
    Lower Wisconsin River from the Prairie du Sac Dam downstream
    Open all year limit 3 length none
    All other inland waters Closed all year—
    no fishing for shovelnose sturgeon