www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Treble Conversion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Great point about the smaller fish!! With the limited amount of Musky that we have landed, only one (the first) created a very tough issue with getting the hooks out. We did have to cut the back trebles. Most of the others had the hooks pop right out with not much of an issue and some did come out in the net.

The trout fisherman in me will continue with the pinched barbs on my baits. So far, I have not seen any evidence of losing fish because of it. And since I fish solo quite a bit, I prefer anything that can make the release as efficient as possible.

Thanks for the input guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by ttabaleulb View Post
    Great point about the smaller fish!! With the limited amount of Musky that we have landed, only one (the first) created a very tough issue with getting the hooks out. We did have to cut the back trebles. Most of the others had the hooks pop right out with not much of an issue and some did come out in the net.

The trout fisherman in me will continue with the pinched barbs on my baits. So far, I have not seen any evidence of losing fish because of it. And since I fish solo quite a bit, I prefer anything that can make the release as efficient as possible.

Thanks for the input guys!!
    I keep calling you about getting out and chasing some 'skies...but no return phone call...what's up with that?