www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Burnin Baits

Default Burnin Baits

At what temps do you guys really start burning baits to get those reaction strikes. I plan to make it a point this year to be sure to do everything I can to cut down on follows due to a slow presentation. Toothy's description of the way that I presented some of my baits was rather interesting. Unfortunately, I cannot print that description without having to bleep half of it out!! LOL

Fish are being caught trolling 5mph now. It is not casting, but speed is speed. The post spawn bite that should be starting most places is a good time to turn up the speed.

I agree with Adam. The section of river I fish is not in post-spawn mode yet so we are still slowing things down for the most part. Every fish we hit this past weekend (casting or trolling) was 3.5mph or slower. When the bite gets tougher in mid-summer, speed has helped when trolling. I have not had great success burning baits on this portion of river while casting but put those same baits behind the boat with the engine on and things change for the better.

This section river is a different animal when compared to most musky lakes.
    Last edited by Red Childress; 05-04-2009 at 08:35 AM.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com