www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: reports from the opener

Default reports from the opener

Well the morning started out COLD! The sides and floor of the boat were iced up and frosty. We had water temps from 39-40 degrees. We manages a couple fish in the morning but the evening by far made up for the slower morning. We went back out around 6:00 and my fishing partner Dan made his first cast and got hit right away. It turnrd out to be anice smallie about 18", We moved down a brake and picked up a nice 21" eye followed shortly after by a 24 1/2"er. We continued moving wilh no action. We decided to move back toward our previous encounters and piced up a second 21 and another 24". I also managed to boat a dandy 20 3/4" smallie, Even in cold water they sure can pull your string. We concentrated our efforts the rest of the evening in that area. Dan toped the evening off with a beautiful 29 1/2" I would have to guess 10#er. Congrats on his biggest walley to date.
    We seemed t obe finding our fish in the 15' range and as the sun dropped below the tree line we slowly moved shallower finding ouf fish in the 10-11' mark. You have to make sure that you cover different depth ranges to contact fish. If the bite falls off they may have moved shallower so you need to make adjustments. 1/8 oz. jigs tipped with large fatheads were the deal for us.

Good Fishing,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Opening day Smallie.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	4636   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Walleye Opener.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	4637   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Walleye Opener 2.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	4638  
    Scott Biscobing
    Hodag Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.hodagguideservice.com
    E-Mail Address:hodagguide@gmail.com