www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report for 5-2-09 Walleye Opener

Default Fishing Report for 5-2-09 Walleye Opener

Today I was joined by my brother out on a Spooner area lake for the walleye opener. The weather was sunny and windy most of the morning, water temps were in the 49 to 50 degree range. After an hour or so of searching for fish we started hitting the jackpot. Jigs tipped with large fatheads were an offering those hungry fish just couldn't pass up. We ended up catching some nice walleyes, releasing smaller fish and keeping three between 15 to 18 inches for supper tonight. Along with the walleyes we also caught some dandy crappies of around 12 inches, adding a few to the livewell for the kids supper. Northerns and bass were bitting real good too, we caught lots of pike all about the same size, 20 to 24 inches.
    All in all it was a great start to the 2009 fishing season. The wind today made jig fishing tough we but managed some good fish anyway.
    Good Luck and Good Fishing,
    Jim Stroede
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0588.JPG 
Views:	265 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	4634   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0594.JPG 
Views:	280 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	4635  
    Last edited by Jim Stroede; 05-03-2009 at 01:59 AM. Reason: attach photo
    Jim Stroede Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.jimstroedefishing.com

Going to be in Spooner area around May 8-17... I am considering getting some guiding for smallies/walleyes during the week or possibly weekend.
    What is your availability like?

I've got some open days during that time, I'd be glad to take you out for walleyes or smallies. Give me a call 715-635-7927, and we'll work something out.
    Thanks, Jim Stroede
    Jim Stroede Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.jimstroedefishing.com