www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: I need tips for night fishing for walleyes from shore

Default I need tips for night fishing for walleyes from shore

I'd like to try to catch some walleyes on opening weekend and I think I heard on a radio show that the hot setup for Madison is shore fishing in the shallows on one of the big lakes at night with a lighted bobber and live minnows. Did I remember correctly? Does anyone have any further tips? Does the current water temp make it favorable for this type of action this weekend?

thanks in advance for any advice- I'm new to the forums here and it looks pretty cool so far

Default Hope this helps

Im not a walleye expert but i do know that i have gotten positive results fishing river mouths and break waters after dark using small shiner minnows if the moon is bright they flash better in the water i think it helps attract fish. You can fish on the bottom still fishing or you can cast and retrieve but that can be hard with less lighting avoiding snags and in the daytime good luck with that the only time i ever catch walleye when the sun is up is on underwater drop offs and deep water under bridges and structures like that. The walleye are out deep during the day and move swallow to feed at dusk till dawn mostly.