www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Trip to Leech

Default Trip to Leech

We will be arriving at leech lake on May 30th and will be there through the first week of june...we are staying on pine point and bringing our own boat (20 footer with a 200hp) so getting around the big lake will be no problem. However, this is the first trip to leech for us in 10 years and I was wondering what would be some good spots to start out since I'm sure things have changed on the lake over the last 10 years...we are focusing on walleye and fishing for northern occasionally. I remember pine, stoney, and ottertail points being good for us in the past but I was wondering if there were anymore early season spots that would produce descent numbers?? Any info or suggestions would be appreciated!

EyeGuy03

Default You are on the right track

All the areas you mentioned are still very good spots. Much depends on weather, remember to keep moving if you are not on fish. When a school is located slow down and use jigs and shiners. Continue to monitor the board, I will give updates during the season. Just ask.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

Thanks for the info Murph, hopefully the weather will be good all season! Last time we were at leech we boated a lot of good fish off those points hopefully that will be the theme this time.

Default Slot Limit?

I was wondering if anyone could let me know what the slot limit was on Leech this year? Is it the same as last year or did it change? Also wondering about the price per dozen of shiners and what the best size jig head is to present them with? I realize it is close to the opener but any info would help...won't be up there till the end of the month...really looking forward to it!

Default Slot

All fish 18" to 26" must be immediatly put back into the water and only one walleye over 26" is allowed. Thanks for asking - following the slot it has really helped getting the lake back to its old self for sure. I am not sure of the price on shinners Murph I am sure can help out. Fishing should be awesome this year. Good luck. Dave
    Last edited by Walleye Dave; 05-08-2009 at 09:44 AM.