www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing the Kingsford Flowage

Default Fishing the Kingsford Flowage

My wife and I will be at the Edgewater Resort June 20-27 and I hope to do my homework about that section of river so we can be catching fish. I fish the Wisconsin River most, so I like fishing rivers, our 16' Misty River and 50 hp Merc work fine there. Is it fast water, Clear or stained? Is there a good channel where you can stay out of the rocks or is your lower unit in danger all the time? I have been told that where the Pine River comes in is good fishing, and I am guessing below the dam might be good, any other pointers to start with? I have a boat full of jigs and plastics and rigs, Rapalas, some spoons and spinners, anything I should not show up without?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Menominee River Fishing

The Menominee River has stained water and has a navigatable channel but it is a River and does have Rocks, Stumps and Sunken Islands to watch for. The Pine River Mouth is a great place to try your skills on Perch, Crappie and Walleye.
    To get to the Twin Falls Dam is cautious because of Many rocks, low water most of the time and gravel barriers. There has been a LOT of aluminum donated on those trips.
    Plastic or Natural bait is your choice. Just a basic hook, crawler, weight and a few Rapalas should give you a good day on the water.
    Edge Water Resort
    Web Site: http://www.edgewaterresortmi.com