www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: thousand island lake info

Default thousand island lake info

Hi, my wife and i are coming up for the first time, August 15 for a week and staying on thousand island. My question, are water always high enough to go from lake to lake. I know you can't predict but just in general. Also how is the panfish and pike fishing that time of year? Is trolling permited Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by tpk2000; 04-27-2009 at 05:23 PM.

Hi, for the most part you can get to all the different lakes on the chain via your boat but some areas you will need to raise up the moter so you don't scrape the skeg or damage the prop.
    Late summer is a great time for fishing on the chain, the weather is usually warm to hot and the panfish and pike along with musky are the big biters at that time of year.
    Trolling is permitted on the michigan lakes, but not the wisconsin lakes. Make sure ya check the regs for the boundry water lakes.
    Thanks for the questions and I sure hope ya have a fantastic time up here
    Aurora Borealis Outfitters
    Pete Imse

Web Site: http://www.auroraborealisoutfitters.com

For motor trolling, the regulations read:

"Motor trolling is permitted on Wisconsin-Michigan Boundary Waters except Vilas County boundary waters, where motor trolling is prohibited."

So you wouldn't be able to troll Big Lake, but the other waters in the chain should be acceptable.

Can't you troll the north side of the state line on Big and West Bay???

Mark

The way I read the regulations, Big Lake would be a Vilas county boundary water, so I would gather you would not be able to even troll the shore on the Michigan side.