www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Area Lakes Reports

1. Default Area Lakes Reports

We are having success with panfish in many areas on LAKE DELAVAN our last trip out the water temps were 51 to 53 degrees and all of the fish still pre-spawn looking for a good nesting area near shore Slower presentations using bobbers to suspend the baits off bottom worked the best. Good numbers of crappies where caught on plastics/minnows from 4 to 8 feet of water in areas around the lake. On the MADISON CHAIN the water temps were 50 to 54 degrees. Lake Monona pan fishermen have been having decent success with blue gills and crappies in Monona Bay, the Triangles, off of the Convention Center and in the Lagoon at Winnequah Park. Lake Waubesa anglers have been having spotty success with crappies and blue gills between the rail road trestle and Hog Island, as well as between Christie's and Goodland Park and upper mud. Reports from Lake Kegnosa have been few with slow catch rates from those reporting. I have been spending alot of time this past week fishing on LAKE KOSHKONONG this water has been great to good. The walleye activity has been good with numbers of legal sized fish and some very large post spawn fish caught. My last few trips out have started out slow in the morning with the bite picking up thru the day. Many 15" to 28" fish are being caught while jigging and trolling. The Northern Pike bite are starting to become more active with a few caught on every trip out sizes ranging from 18" to 34" with some big fish bite offs while trolling cranks with no leader. Give me a call soon to book your next trip and take advantage of these good fish catching action!

Hope to see you out on the water.
    Scott
    Last edited by Fishing Thrills Guide Service; 04-25-2009 at 12:31 PM.
    Fishing Thrills Guide Service
    Scott Hill

Web Site: http://www.fishingthrills.com