www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Awesome fish strike story

Default Awesome fish strike story

Yesterday on the river I had a follow of a real nice fish, chucked back with the same bait and nothing.
    Had another rod set-up with a Manta so threw it, I see the fish following, same lazy deep follow as the first time so I figure that will be it and it will turn and leave as before.
    I go into a figure 8 and I couldn't see where the fish went to so I'm bend over figure 8 the lure looking to see which way the fish went I was figuring it heading back up river to where it followed from again.

I catch a flash out of the corner of my eye and it come out from underneth the boat like a freaking rocket and slams the lure!! Probably my third figure 8 by then. Awesome strike and nice fish at 45"

Surprised the heck outta me! I would of never figured the fish to bite by reading it from the lazy type deep follows. Keep them 8's going!!
    Still can't believe I hooked it, it caught me off guard so bad.

Lucky for me a guy was right on the bank and I had him take a nice picture for me as I was alone.
    That was my largest figure 8 fish so far...............FUN!!!

Also got a 28" walleye bonus on a muskie lure. Good day on the water.

that's a great story! Congratulations on the 45 incher. Heart had to be pounding the whole time I'd imagine.

BTW your magic lure retriever saved me $60 last weekend when we couldn't find the fish anywhere and had to get down and deep into the stumps. Went 3-for-3 on lure saves. Love that thing!

Congrats on the nice fish!!! Nothings better than making them eat at your feet!!!!

Toothy,

I got your message yesterday......we made it down that far today with no luck and 25-30 sustained winds to boot. The wind was so strong that it blew us upriver. My boat weighs 2200 pounds with nothing in it!! We had 2 foot white-capping waves blowing up the dang river............the canoers had their tongues hanging out by lunchtime today.

The last cast of the day, we rose a small fish.

Your retriever saved us 2x today. If it were not for the extra weight you put on mine, we would have never been able to get them loose.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com