www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Spring has sprung

Default Spring has sprung

Spring has sprung,
    the grass has ris,
    and I know where
    some good fishing is.
    OK folks fishing time is not too far off.

Let's get some good discussion going.
    What's your favorite lure, rig, set up etc.
    for Walleyes on Canyon Lake?
    Now the same for Smallmouths
    and Muskys.

I'll start by saying my personal favorite for Walleye has proven to be the Erie Dearie in white and green.
    Rooster tails for Bass.
    I fish before the Musky season opens so don't know for the Muskys.
    pfessor

Who's next??

Default Fishing Canyon Lake

I think it all depends on the time of year. We are always up there the last week of July and the first week of Aug. I catch most of my walleyes using leeches or crawler with just a hook and split shot also like to use slip bobbers. For sm. bass, I like to use top water, the last couple of years it has been great on top water. I also use a lot of crank baits for bass and always manage to get a couple of musky that way. For musky, again I like top water, I love it when the water just explodes when they hit it. My wife won't use top water baits, she can't stand to see the wake coming up behind them!!!!! Have you ever fished whitefish? They are lots of fun to catch, good fighters. When we are up there we use jigging spoons and fish it about 55-60 ft. of water, also had some huge musky follow hook whitefish to the boat.

Default Canyon Lake

We go to Canyon in mid summer, great time of the year to go. Walleye fishing is great , we caught 75 a day last year. Most of the time we jig night crawlers
    in about 25 feet of water on the reefs. Also got some on white twister tails.
    We caught three Walleyes last year over 28". For smallmouths slip bobbers and small plastic minnow baits work great. For some reason smally fishing was slow last year. We went to larger baits for muskys, Cowgirls and large topwater. Our largest musky was 46" last year.

Keep on fishing!