www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Kinzua report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kinzua report

Fished Willow and Sugar today before the rain came.
    I didn't realize they were that far apart!

Anyways, water was 46-47 degrees. Had one follow but I'm pretty sure it was a big walleye, wasn't a muskie.

Default Maybe Another Week

Maybe in another week the water temps will come up a little. I was sitting here thinking maybe I made a mistake by not driving down the other day.I would have gotten there after 1:00 p.m. and probably have been 2:00 p.m. before I got the first cast off.So I went to Chautauqua Creek for Steelhead instead,only to find the fish spawning. By the time I got back home it was to late to hook up the boat and drive to Kinzua for sure.I'll try next Sunday,but will check the water temps with Army Corps Site before I drive that way.

Capt. Larry
    Mostly Muskies Charters & Guide Service
    Captain Larry Jones

Web Site: http://www.mostlymuskies.com

Hey Larry,

what temps you looking for? I was trying to rustle up someone here to make the trip with this Saturday but now I'm not sure... supposed to be a real warm spell starting soon, so they could climb quickly.

either way it sounds like kinzua/chappel bay might be better temp-wise than willow or sugar.

Toothy- how long did it take you to make that run bay-to-bay and at what speed?

Seemed like 15 minutes or so?
    It's a good long ways between the two bays.

43MPH

15 minutes?! oh good, that's not bad at all. you should try some of our lakes up here HaHa...

Default Warmer Water

I'm looking for water temps between 51 to 53 degrees.That's when I usualy start seeing the Muskies move up shallow.

Capt. Larry
    Mostly Muskies Charters & Guide Service
    Captain Larry Jones

Web Site: http://www.mostlymuskies.com