www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Locating Pike / Musky

Talking Locating Pike / Musky

Greetings fellow fishermen. I guarantee that everyone reading these posts already has a bad case of the musky bug.

My crew and I will be up to Eagle Lake around the 20th of June. I am looking for some advice as to what type of lake structure could one expect to locate some quality Pike and Musky assuming, and I laugh when I say this, a normal ice out, spring and weather conditions. Are both species in generally the same locations and at the same depths or are the Pike much deeper? Advice on lures would be a plus as well.

Looking forward to all the upcoming threads as the ice melts and reports start coming in.

TJ

Default herbie

generally by this time alot of pike and muskies will be in the same areas especially if the cabbage is up and getting thick.
    typically around opener which is 3rd week of june look for the best weeds and rock weed combos especially on flats and bays and outside and inside of reeds and timber within them , island slots and clusters especially those within or near the proximity or mouths of spawning bays,but do not over look rocky points or shallow rocks within or relativley near spawning bays/areas or within,near,or inbetween good emerging weed cover and if weeds are slow in coming these will definatley be a dominate pattern.
    always at this time of the year make note of where guys are consistantly catching alot of walleyes. where this is happening it is because there is either a good bug larve and or minnows/small perch forage base concentrating there and not only walleyes but whitefish ,perch,suckers,etc will be there for that reason and so will some pike and muskies.
    if nothing is happening in shallow because of cold water/or dark weather and fronts holding things back get into the deepest water areas closest and troll 12-20' down regardless of depth and actually best depths are 35'+.
    will we be seeing you? if so we will fine locations and presentations for you on a daily basis even telling/showing where we have located big fish the days previous.
    good luck,
    steve
    aml
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com