www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Mendota last night & 2day

Default Mendota last night & 2day

Marked large schools of panfish (or some other small fish) on the side scan in deep water yesterday, too deep for my Aqua-Vu to reach and whatever they were they weren't interested in a ice jig tipped with a red worm or part of a crawler. Went back this afternoon and no schools found. Wind came up just as I started searching. Messed around looking for things with the side scan until the rain came. Called it quits and headed home.....Rick

Default Rick and Mendota on Saturday

Thanks, Rick. I enjoy your posts. Tried U-Bay today. Tried working close to the shoreline all the way from Willow Creek by the Nat, around to the Picnic Point trails. Nothing. Also tried out in U-Bay where the 6' drops off to 8' and there is a little weed growth on the bottom, thinking I might find some crappies. No luck, even with minnows. Rain started around 4:00 so I quit. Still, ... good to be out after the long winter. I would like to encourage more who read this site to post the results of their fishing so that we are helping each other learn the lake a bit more. Good luck.

Tried private ditches on Ripley fri afternoon. Had crappies and gills 2 weeks ago and nothing but 2 small crappies, 3 bass/gill hybrids and a handful of baby gills yesterday. Boo Hiss :-)