www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: professional edge rods

Default professional edge rods

Hey Kevin, I've notice that you advertise KT professional edge fishing rods and was wondering what length you use for fishing with topwater/bucktail, jerkbait,and bulldogs? I just order one of keiths rods for throwing big blades, went with a nine foot length. Looking at getting some more of his rods for these different fishing styles and just want to know what length and rod action you would go with?thanks.

I have 2 9ft. old Diamondbacks that I use for casting bucktails/spinnerbaits with.
    I have 1 8'6" Diamondback that I use for zig-zag topwaters and gliders.
    I have two 9ft custom Calstar rods that I use for plastics which are incredible. This rod has a little more flex in the tip which allows the rod to throw heavy plastics with ease.
    I am ordering three St. Croix Premier rods built to 9ft for this year. These rods will be perfect for throwing dawgs, bucktails, and topwaters.
    I use Cabela's E-Glass Med-Hvy 8 footers for trolling. They are around $25 each. I really like these rods for trolling. They have a moderate action and I can still see my bait working.

I do like the longer rods. I am in the process of selling everything that is under 8ft in length.
    Kevin Cochran's Guide Service
    Kevin Cochran

Web Site: http://www.kevincochranguide.com

Thanks for the reply, Calstar rods never heard of them. I will have to check them out. thanks again