www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 106 days

Default 106 days

Not that I'm counting or anything, but 106 days from now I could be putting a 50 in the net... But I can wait, really. I can. I'm not even THINKING about it.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxaddict View Post
    Not that I'm counting or anything, but 106 days from now I could be putting a 50 in the net
    Work hard at it, and BELIEVE IT...and it WILL happen!!!

Good luck. We're all pulling for ya man!!

-Dan

117 for me and pops!!!!! cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex

117 days for my wife and I. I am already starting to foam and froth at the mouth. Going to get my 50 this year. Hopefully my wife will get one too. Rick

Default Who's Counting?

Hay Danno:

ONLY 124 days for us but who's counting? Still quite a few... but way less than when we pulled out last year. Hey Alex...seen pictures of that pig you got last year! What a beaut! Gotta work on getting Pops one to match her.
    Anxious for the season to open at AML and start reading the reports and seeing all the pix. Gets the adrenaline flowing if ya know what I mean.

Take care all

Chuck

Smile

Hey Chuck, how have you been? After the winter we've had here i'm getting the itch also. Slowly the ice is breaking away from shore. Looking forward to ice out we've got a great trout lake to spring fish, and some real big gators as well. Many over 40". My personal best out of this particular body of water is 48" around 30lb. Hopefully this coming season we get a chance to fish together again. It won't really matter if we get another 50" or not, Herbie will take Dan out and out do us with a 54"again anyway. Can't wait.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Jags View Post
    Hey Chuck, how have you been? After the winter we've had here i'm getting the itch also. Slowly the ice is breaking away from shore. Looking forward to ice out we've got a great trout lake to spring fish, and some real big gators as well. Many over 40". My personal best out of this particular body of water is 48" around 30lb. Hopefully this coming season we get a chance to fish together again. It won't really matter if we get another 50" or not, Herbie will take Dan out and out do us with a 54"again anyway. Can't wait.

Scott
    Well, as it stands right now I believe it's just me and Chuckie this year. Assuming it stays that way, we'll all be together I'm sure at least one day if not two. And we'll also be with Herbie too I'm sure.

The bar is pretty high now for all you guides, Scotty. Me and Chuckie both have 54"s. So, we're gonna need two 54"+ this year. Of course, if there's any group of guides that can "git-r-done", it's you guys. And you know me and Chuckie are gonna be going balls to the wall right there with ya guys maximizing the chances!!!

I look forward to it.

-Dan

PS: I'm just kidding above. Heck, I got 1 50"+ to my name...it just so happens to be a 54". I sure as heck ain't gonna sneeze at anything 48+. Would love to get a 52"+ beast down west with the monster girth (and big red tail) too!!! There's a lot of fishin' to be done, and I'm realistic. Plus, as I have posted...I just love being up there!!! As far as I"m concerned...it's "home" and I belong up there as it's more my style than the big city.

Scotty, my man...what's up? Look forward to fishing again with you this season. You my brother are the eternal optimist...but oh so right. That next cast could be the fish of a lifetime! Make every cast count and then stay locked in. Have found over the years that maintaining a PMA and staying focused throughout the entire day has increased my catch ratio considerably. Especially on Eagle where you get more than your fair share of follows. You my friend make that easy, since you have a good fish story on every spot we hit which makes maintaining concentration a whole lot easier. Can't wait til August. Take care my friend.
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Schranz View Post
    That next cast could be the fish of a lifetime! Make every cast count and then stay locked in. Have found over the years that maintaining a PMA and staying focused throughout the entire day has increased my catch ratio considerably.
    ^^^ That's absolutely true Chuckie. It's also what's so special about Eagle (and even some of the other waters in Canada). That next cast could be the one if you're on the right water.

And I hear ya on the attitude. Gotta stay positive and believe it. These muskies are wild animals, and we are after all only human. You're going to screw up or have something go "bad" at some point. It's just the way it is. But I've found you need to be kind of like a "closer" in baseball. If you screw up one day (or something goes bad, kind of like a broken bat bloop hit in baseball), you HAVE to "forget" it next time you take the mound. In this case, the "mound" is the casting deck of the boat. I put "forget" in parenthesis because one must always learn from the past. So you don't really "forget" it, rather you take the experience and move forward, without dwelling on the negative.

At the end of the day, everyone is different and has a different set of experiences. The accumulation of all of those experiences and how we each respectively react/manage our time on the water (based on those experiences) ultimately determines whether we are successful or not in the longer term.

-Yoda (AKA Dan)

Cool Pma

Dan's point is worth repeating. If you put in enough hours? Eventually it WILL happen. Best you can do is be prepared, and treat every cast like it could be the one. (And on Eagle, it really COULD be any cast) Make sure your gear is maintained, check your line, check your snaps and split rings, make sure your leaders aren't nicked or frayed, make sure your hooks are sharp, be ready, be confident.

When you let a streak of bad luck get to you? Jeez, what are 'ya doing out there?? Look around at where you are, you're musky fishing for %^* sake, on Eagle of all places!

I had the worst case of "bad musky attitude" last year, after three fishless days. It was hot, I was tired, I had some chances at a few really nice fish that just wouldn't commit... Went back to the cabin and thought "this is stupid. All this money, $4/gal for gas. My arms hurt, my back hurts, I'm sunburned, I'm tired, I only saw two fish all day..." Then at dinner Herbie comes up to me and says "Hey, Travis is looking for someone to go out fishing with him for a couple hours, you up for it?"

I looked down at the now empty mug full 'o crown (#3!) and said "yeah, I'm in!" It was just a perfect evening, nice light chop on the water, sun getting close to the horizon. The trials of the past few days? Gone. I couldn't wait to throw that first cast, because... Well, because 9 hours on the water wasn't enough for one day!

Second cast, a 49.5" fish goes around twice on the 8 and eats. Nice solid hookset, couple runs, in the net she goes. It was just that easy...

Just go out there and do what you do, fish hard, pay attention. It's just that easy. You can't control how big the fish that decide to eat are, so why worry about it? If you want to catch big fish, all you have to do is fish where they live. Just that easy...