www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Nice Fish

Default Nice Fish

Haven't taken the time to post lately, but I've been fishing somewhere every week. Was hitting the perch on Lake Gogebic from the middle of March through the first week of April. Had quite a few pushing 2lbs, but never hit the mark this year. Got the boat out of storage and went to the Menominee River last Friday. Was a little slow, but managed one 29" (spawned out female) and lost a real pig at the boat. We were hand trolling with three-way rigs and stick baits. Water temp in the river was 41 deg. Will be heading back down this week to fish out in the bay.

Are perch that big even good to eat? Let 'em spawn...

Default perch eating

Quote Originally Posted by Icewalker View Post
    Are perch that big even good to eat? Let 'em spawn...
    Like you would even THINK of throwing fish like that back! Of coarse there good to eat.. there great to eat! and its even better when you have a batch of perch like this to take home... way more fish for way less time cleaning!

Nice catch! ENJOY! and yes I'm jelous, wish I had those fish in my sink.

Default Menominee

You said you caught a spawned out female walleye in the River. From what I've heard, walleyes are somewhat few and far between so far in the river. Someone said the big spawning run up the river won't be till the end of this week or early next. I think I concur. Trolled in the river today for 3 hours without a bite. Never saw a fish boated either. Too windy and rough to try in the bay today. Water temp in the river today was pushin 46 so it is warming (slowly).

nice perch, but with the state of the population in Gogebic , those eggs would have helped out better in the gravel in the NW corner of the lake than the garbage, but your right to eat them too.

As for the spawned out eyes, plenty of them out in the bay already , that's why there's not much in the river.