www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Access to Steamboat/Crooked/Kabekona Lakes?

Default Access to Steamboat/Crooked/Kabekona Lakes?

I will be staying at a Leech resort this summer and renting a boat so I don't have ability to trailer to adjoining lakes.

Is it possible to access Crooked and Steamboat Lakes by boat from Steamboat Bay? Is it worth the effort?

Can the same be done from Kabekona bay to Kabekona Lake by boat? Is it worth it?

Are there other lakes worth accessing from Leech by boat?

Default Water Access

You may be able to access some of the water you are talking about in the spring. However, I think it would be tough as the water drops. Much depends on the amount of rain we have during the season. You can go from Kabekona Bay through a canal to Benedict.

Just curious, with 112,000 acres available on Leech why would you leave the main water? There are several great places to fish and even get out of the wind if it makes life miserable on the big lake.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

If I had a boat like "Murph's" I could access all 112,000 acres. As mentioned earlier I'm renting the typical resort boat and limited to "fewer acres" accessable from the Steamboat Bay area. Any more pointers?

You have some of the best Walleye fishing right around Steamboat Bay. The Little Hardwoods are right around the point, Sand Point and Cedar Point is right at the mouth of Steamboat entering Walker Bay.
    Murph is right there is no need for you to go to ajoining lakes - The best fishing is in Steamboats back yard
    John Bricker
    West Union, IA

Default Steamboat

Steamboat Bay has a good population of walleyes that remain in shallow weedy areas all season. There is also many bass and northerns swimming near the rice beds and cabbage that is present in the bay. Fish the trough that runs from the Steamboat river south towards Walker Bay it always holds fish.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com