www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Visiting Tomahawk area for bullheads

Default Visiting Tomahawk area for bullheads

My wife and I are going to spend a week in the Tomahawk area beginning May 23rd, and are hoping someone can clue us in to where we can catch some bullheads while we are there. I am handicapped, so I need a place where I can get too with a walker. I appreciate any assistance anyone can render.
    Jim

hendricksjames:

I know the WI river has plenty of bullheads... at least in the Rainbow Flowage. I just don't know of any good access spots. Sorry

Mark

Try below the Bradley Dam, last year there were Bullheads all over. Easy access too!

Dave
    Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop
    www.fishtomahawk.com

Thumbs up bullheads from shore

across from tomahawk ski show ramp-right in memorial park there is a big deck that jets out a little over the wis river-perfect for access.tjmac

Smile

Thanks for the information. May I ask where on the flowages is this Bradley dam? The memorial park sounds like a good bet. I appreciate your help.

Default Bullheads

If you want big bullheads take county Hwy E south to where it hits 107 by the bridge go about 1/2 mile on E to you hit boat landing they have it posted. Always did good in may here right off the boat landing in the evening with big 1/4-1/2 oz. sinker and crawlers in the Late afternoon to evening. Good luck they will be up to 14 inches here

Bradley Dam dams up Lake Nokomis and runs into the Jersey Flowage. Take Hy 8 west to County Y (turn right) to Nakomis Road (left only).
    Dave
    www.fishtomahawk.com

Smile

Thanks again for the information. Can anyone make any recommedations for accomodations? I am getting excited.

Default accomadations

Quote Originally Posted by hendricksjames View Post
    Thanks again for the information. Can anyone make any recommedations for accomodations? I am getting excited.
    There is a Best Western on Hwy. L just north of Hwy. 8 near lake Nakomis and Bradley dam. Or in Tomahawk there is a super 8 on the north end of town,

wy 8

Stay at our Motel, located right in Tomahawk on Lake Mohawksin and next to Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop. We have large clean rooms and full kitchens, Queen beds, boat docks, fishing piers. Check it out http://www.fishtomahawk.com/BaitsMotel.html
    We also give 10% discount on all fishing products at Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop to our guest that stay at our motel.
    Dave
    www.fishtomahawk.com

I have sent two requests for information via your website, but have not gotten any reply. My wife is out of the country right now, and I want to share this information with her, so she has some input to our accomodations. Do you have fish cleaning facilities, and are your rooms fairly accessible for someone disabled? BTW my wife will be back on Tuesday, so I should be able to call for reservations by Wednesday.

Sorry about not getting back to you, we are having a problem with our information form. Yes we do have fish cleaning areas, please give us a call. Or send me your email address. Thanks
    Dave

Dave
    www.fishtomahawk.com

Quote Originally Posted by casey schug View Post
    If you want big bullheads take county Hwy E south to where it hits 107 by the bridge go about 1/2 mile on E to you hit boat landing they have it posted. Always did good in may here right off the boat landing in the evening with big 1/4-1/2 oz. sinker and crawlers in the Late afternoon to evening. Good luck they will be up to 14 inches here
    Thanks for the tip. That was our most productive spot while we were fishing. The fish were very nice sized on average. I appreciate the tip so much.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop View Post
    Stay at our Motel, located right in Tomahawk on Lake Mohawksin and next to Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop. We have large clean rooms and full kitchens, Queen beds, boat docks, fishing piers. Check it out http://www.fishtomahawk.com/BaitsMotel.html
    We also give 10% discount on all fishing products at Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop to our guest that stay at our motel.
    Dave
    Dave, I just wanted to thank you and your lovely wife for all the assistance you gave my wife, and I while we stayed with you last week. Cleaning our fish will never be forgotten, and I hope to stay with you again soon.

Jim

Thanks for the nice comments, it was very nice having you stay with us at our motel. To bad the weather did not cooperate better. Enjoy the fish fry!!

Dave and Debbie
    www.fishtomahawk.com

No problem Jim just trying to help out, and this is the best wheel chair place with some big bullheads mixed in. Bradley has to many small ones. Need anymore help just say so. I fish 3-5 days a week from bullheads to muskie and everyyhing else.