www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: AL Central Trash Talk

Default AL Central Trash Talk

1 game 1st place who says this division is the toughest in baseball?
    STEALTH TACKLE
    "Clearly the Leader"
    www.stealthtackle.net

The Royals are tied for second. Either that's a sign that they're finally coming of age or this division is in sad shape! Since the Sox are in first, maybe that answers that???

I hate to steer anything away from the Central. But how 'bout them Yankees on opening night!!!
    For the best prices and quickest shipping on musky tackle, visit Musky Tackle Online!
    http://www.muskytackleonline.com

looking at the royals lineup today i think were gonna see a totally different ball club this year, i think they will probablly gain back some respect...did i just say that?

yes how bout those yankees!!!! ok how bout just AL trash talk. i just dont want to water this down and start talking about minor league teams.
    STEALTH TACKLE
    "Clearly the Leader"
    www.stealthtackle.net

Talking

"If you ain't first, you're last."
    Reese Bobby, Talledega Nights

I'm happy with yesterdays game, but "let's not start sucking each others *#*!!
    just yet."(Mr.Wolf, Pulp Fiction).

The bullpen pitched well. Great game by Fields and Getz. Thome and Dye each had good games, particularly Mr. Incredible Thome. I was really glad Olivo called for Farnsworth to throw the exact same pitch in exactly the same spot 2 pitches in a row!

Buerlhe, Quentin and especially Wise had forgettable games. It looked like Quentin is swinging for the fences on every swing. Not good, and not the swing I want to watch.

All in all a nice beginning. We've got to win our games at home. The cell is our house, and we must protect it from the lowly Royals and the dastardly Twins, Tigers and Injuns. I expect the Royals to be vastly improved, and noone knows it yet but there pitching is pretty damn good. No doubt Farnsworth was up til the crack of dawn at the Blue Oyster catching up with some old flames!

I'll remain cautiously optimistic. I like our team's chances, but enjoy our underdog status. Still some big IFS such as Contreras and Colon, and will our pitchers give AJ a chance of throwing anyone out on the basepaths this year. Them Twins are always in it somehow- hopefully Mauer needs a long DL stint to start off the year.

I won 4 tickets to tomorrows 1:05 game from the Score. I've got two left, let me know if you want them!

Mike

dang Mike i wish i could take them id go in a minute, but i got another obligation i cant get out of tomorrow. Poop!!!!!!!
    STEALTH TACKLE
    "Clearly the Leader"
    www.stealthtackle.net

Well, the division has quickly corrected itself and the right team is now on top!

Aaron
    For the best prices and quickest shipping on musky tackle, visit Musky Tackle Online!
    http://www.muskytackleonline.com

and so it begins....back and forth back and forth back and forth. i give d. wise about another week in the 1 spot before that experiment is done! and another thing how does coco crisp end up a royal? sheesh.
    STEALTH TACKLE
    "Clearly the Leader"
    www.stealthtackle.net

nice job Mike! your banned from the ballpark now. i thought you would have been able to the the bats on track for us by going down there.

here come the twins!
    STEALTH TACKLE
    "Clearly the Leader"
    www.stealthtackle.net

Turns out I did not make it- I probably could have made a difference but I did not want to become a crutch this early in the year... I'm going to wait until the weather gets nicer before I go I think!

Wise getting hurt doesn't suck at all. BA should be the starter anyways IMHO.
    Owens and Lillebridge are good subs, but BA is the real deal.

How cool was it to see Crede get messed with- the speakers played Air Supply's "I'm all out of love" when he came up, courtesy of prankster Brian Anderson.

Fields is playing like an All Star early on- anyone think he has a shot to play in the mid-summer classic this year? I do as a sub, there's noone better than Evan Longoria right now amongst the AL 3rd basemen.

Glad to hear you wernt the one to jinks em last week mike! hate to see a guy get hurt but i think anderson would be the better fit. as long as the rest of the team does what they are supposed to they should be fine with BA. i think Wise deserves a long look but not as leadoff. and now Owens is back up for his 3237th chance to prove himself. nice game yesterday eh?
    STEALTH TACKLE
    "Clearly the Leader"
    www.stealthtackle.net

Default SOX ink Scotty Pods to a minor league deal

Scotty Pods? Really? I guess I'm excited?

It would be cool if it somehow worked, but I would not bet money on it!!

BA could be about as good as Aaron Rowand, possibly better. I think they oughta give BA a fair shake, but part of me hopes Pods has found the fountain of youth and can run wild once again!!

A White Sox hero returns home! Welcome back Scott!!