www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Nightime Muskies

Default Nightime Muskies

Hey Ty and other members,

I was wondering if anyone ever fished at night for muskies. I have read and been told several times the hours of 11-2 are great times for fishing. Is there any truth to those statements? If so, is there a time where the bugs go away. I tried fishing around 10 a couple years ago and the bugs blacked out the lights of our boat and were flying into our mouth and eyes. And last, what types of places do you look for to fish. I fish primarily the east side of the lake (my grandparents live down the street from the Johnson's resort). Thanks for your help and for your time.

Ben

We do quite a bit of night fishing on the Chip. Some years are good while others(like the last three or four) can be tough. The bugs you are talking about are only on certain spots. The last few years Petes Bar and little Petes along with a few others has been a nightmare to fish. The bugs out there are terrible. Just try some other main lake spots. The best spots are main lake bars but don't leave out weedlines and back bays. Some years we catch a lot of fish in the weeds with bucktails and topwater after dark.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Try putting a glove or sock over your lights on the boat. Still bright enough to let people know where you are, but it really cuts down on the bug attracting!