www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: menominee river

Default menominee river

Headed to menominee river next week end, I have a 20 foot lund looking for a place to launch . Never fished it before need all the help i can get . Jigs cranks bottom bouncers is that the way to go or is one better than the other. plan on spending a couple days , Any info on where to start would be good. thanks, getting a few perch off indian lake, so windy latley hard to fish. shootr,mstq

There is a launch just up river from Marinette Marines. Go north on 41 all the way to the river, there are a set of lights before the bridge take that right. There is a small sports on the right hand side before the train tracks, after the sports shop take the left before the tracks. The landing is on that road to the left, the road will curve right, the landing is on that corner.
    After you launch go down river, there is an island directly across from the launch when the island ends start fishing. Making long drifts, starting there and drift down past the big ships till you get past the concrete wall. Then start a new drift all over again from the same starting location. The water under the boats is about 25 feet and comes up to about 4 to 5 feet, each drift try different depths they are in all depths even in the shallows. I like using a simple jig and a minnow. Use blue jigs and as small of jigs as you can get away with, start with 1/4 to 1/3 ounce. Just jig off the bottom, if you can't tell if your jigging off the bottom you need a bigger jig.

There will most likely be a lot of people out fishing many different methods, don't be afraid to ask around and talk with people at the launch. There is a cleaning station at this launch so ask the ones who are cleaning the fish cause they are the ones who know what they are doing and where to go.

Shootr do a mapquest on MBK sportshop Marinette. That will give you driving directions. Coming from the north you'd turn left at the light just over the interstate bridge. Most of the guys drift anywhere from Marinette Marine all the way to the mouth by the lighthouse. If you venture to the pires be aware you are not in boundary waters no longer. You would have to stay on the lighthouse side of the river. They usually put out a white bouy outside of the piers which marks the state line. But with the current regs you can only possess one fish regardless of which state your in anyway.
    Most people vertical jig with 3/8oz and minnows. You can troll 3way rigs with stickbaits but most of the time the boat traffic is so heavy it's hard to do. The next couple of weeks it should only pick up. They are just starting. I had one male milking the other day and the spawn in the females is still firm. Put your time in and you'll get some nice ones.

Default menom river

Thanks for the quick reply , I did find the MBK sports shop on my Gps and have had my chip out on bottom countours for the river, sounds like it will be alot of fun, ive been reading the reports and catching a few segments on Michigan out of doors, Cant wait to give it a try. We'll give a report when we get back . Thanks again, shootr

if your coming from the north, launch at the lighthouse or behind Kmart just before the campground. jigs from the boat. fish where its safe, i mean, be safe and lookout for the structure when in a boat. Marinette Marine down to the lighthouse, keep some distance from the MI side though.

Quote Originally Posted by shootr View Post
    Headed to menominee river next week end, I have a 20 foot lund looking for a place to launch . Never fished it before need all the help i can get . Jigs cranks bottom bouncers is that the way to go or is one better than the other. plan on spending a couple days , Any info on where to start would be good. thanks, getting a few perch off indian lake, so windy latley hard to fish. shootr,mstq