www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Jeff , where do I go

Default Jeff , where do I go

I own a house near presque Isle and am not familiar with the area , where do you suggest I fish for walleye this spring , date ,time of day , and bait , what would you charge me for a half a day , I just can't hardly afford to do anything this year. thanks Dennis

blugil:

You might not hear from Jeff for a while, so here's a start for ya... First make sure you have your fishing license. Opening of fishing for gamefish starts in May on the first Sat. which is the 2nd. Will you fishing from a boat or from shore??? Either way fishing with light 1/8th oz jigs to heavier 1/4 or 3/8th oz jigs are a good place to start. Tip those jigs with fat head minnows or red tailed chubs. Use the lightest jig you can get away with where you are fishing and make sure you get the jig to the bottom area where the 'eyes will roam. Look on the north side of lakes or where water may be running into the lake. Also look for rocky areas for walleyes. You can use slip bobbers the same way. You can fish all day long and can find success, but the dawn and dusk periods are typically better times to fish.

I can't speak for Jeff's guide fees, but you will typically find a full day in the $350-$400 range and a 1/2 day $175 to $225 range. Good luck and keep watching, Jeff will get to ya before the opener.

Mark

Talking Early season spots

Hi Dennis -- Some early season lakes that would be good in your area are North & South Turtle, Birch, Wildcat & Palmer. If you want more info on specific areas email me direct at jwinters@centurytel.net or give me a call at 715-385-9313.

Jeff
    Jeff's Guide Service
    Jeff Winters

Web Site: http://www.jeffsguideservice.com
    E-Mail:jeffwintersguide@gmail.com
    Phone: 715-385-9313