www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Crystal Lake

Default Crystal Lake

Hey Ty and Corey (and anyone else), I was wondering if you guys fish Crystal Lake any? I have gone back there several time and was wondering how you guys go about fishing it if you do. I noticed the north shoreline is very steep and deep until you get to the far east side and then there is a nice little weed bed (atleast last year) and then the south shoreline seems to be shallower with alot of stumps/logs/fallen timber. If you guys do fish Crystal Lake what presentation and or areas do you usually target. ie. I saw last year in Herman's two big muskys registered as getting caught out of Crystal Lake (49" and a 54"). Not sure how true it is.

I'm having a hard time believing those fish out of Crystal Lake. I've fished in there quite a bit and have never been able to pin down much of a pattern. I've never done great back there but have had some decent follows. It seems like the surrounding area is better than inCrystal Lake.

Maybe Corey has a better history back there.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

I have never done any good in Crystal Lake. I got a 35-36 incher in the spring one year back in the late 80's in the shallow area before the cut to Dorazio Bay. That is the only musky I have ever seen back there. I have not spent any time there in probably 10 years but when I first stumbled onto it and then got a fish I thought it was mecca. Yea, another spot I wasted too much time at. I never got the chance last year but I wanted to drive around with the side finder and see if there was anything interesting on the bottom.

Corey Meyer

Thanks guys. Yeah I have never seen anything back there. It just seems like a nice little spot though. Corey, I sat out in the middle of Crystal lake last year with a couple locators in about 20-30 foot of water and moved around real slow and the bottom seems to have quite abit of structure on the bottom and it was marking fish everywhere. The structure on the locators looked like stumps sticking up 3-5 foot off the bottom. the structure seemed to be solid and defined on the locators. As far as the two big fish caught back there supposedly the 49 was kept and weighed 35lbs. and was caught on a dare devil in early June. Supposedly that was witnessed when brought in.....as far as the other one I have no clue.

Thanks for the info Jax, I will have to remember to make a run back there with the kids, they like those kind of adventures. They find all sorts of flowage monsters on the depth finder.

Corey Meyer

Hey,
    Crystal Lake is a city and located in southeastern McHenry County.it is the largest lake and very beautiful lake in this country.I like most this Lake.I have no pic of this lake its really looking awesome and all facilities are provides very easily..if anyone have pic.kindly post here..

Quote Originally Posted by kristiogvo View Post
    Hey,
    Crystal Lake is a city and located in southeastern McHenry County.it is the largest lake and very beautiful lake in this country.I like most this Lake.I have no pic of this lake its really looking awesome and all facilities are provides very easily..if anyone have pic.kindly post here..

Wrong Crystal Lake.......haha