www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing this Weekend - Options???

Default Fishing this Weekend - Options???

I'm breaking my boat free from the garage this weekend and going fishing. Where to is the question? I fished CC once when I first moved here last fall for Musky and had a blast (Thanks for the tips Tom and Mason). I would like to try for smallmouth and heard the great miami river is good from Dayton north to Sydney. Being new to the area, I'm looking for some general info for this time of year.
    1. Any info on boat ramps and productive sections for the Great Miami river?
    2. Is this river deep enough for a boat (16' SeaFox 50hp draft 10")?
    3. Are smallmouth biting this time of year?
    4. Would I be better off fishing CC this weekend for Musky, crappie, or Saugeye? My main objective is to catch fish. I've got a buddy coming with me and I would like to put him on some fish.

Any general info to get me started would be appreciated. No matter what, I will be out on some body water doing my best to learn this area. Big change from what I'm good at (Offshore/Inshore Saltwater). So if you see a boat that doesn't look like the others, its probably me.

Tight Lines,
    Guy
    SEAFOX CC 161 w/ 50 HP MERC

Default Sat Report Back

Went to CC. Water temp was 47-49 from 0730-1200. Targeted crappie and caught none. Fished jigs and minnows. Caught one decent largemouth on a drop off 5-12' water. Great day to test out the boat after winter storage. Saw several boats venture into the cove we were fishing. I hope you all did better than us. Till next time...
    SEAFOX CC 161 w/ 50 HP MERC

My son, a friend, and I went to Clearfork today, water temps started out at 48 degrees and went as high as 52 by 3pm. Casted all day without a single hookup of any kind, but I agree, it was good to get the boat out!

Default Fished Alum Creek

Started off Saturday, on a real bad note forgot to put my gas tank in the boat!Got on the water at 2pm fished alot of coves saw alot of shad, surface temps were at 53,water clarity was real good in some spots.No follows and no bites but it was good to be fishing again! C.B

Default Sitting at home !

I would think that someone who is out fishing right now is gonna be able to have some action before this major front comes in!I had ball practice today and all I thought of was I should be fishing! C.B