www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Late April on Kinkaid

Default Late April on Kinkaid

Hey Guys, I am planning a trip to Kinkaid late April and was wondering if anyone out there any tips for my Dad and I. Do you think by that time they will be all spawed out and active? I have been caught a few times on trips where the Muskies were just done spawning and were very inactive which we all know suxs. Any sort of tips would be greatly appriecited. I may try to see what Chads schedule looks like to see if he can fit us in since I know nothing beats the knowledge of a guide who is on the water day in and dayout...but finances may not allow for a guide unfortionately

Whether they're ready to go or not is dependant on the wonderfully stable weather we get down here this time of year. That's a joke by the way.
    Low's in the 20's or low's in the 50's. Who know's? Chad and his compatriot's likely have somewhat of a fix on it by now, but it could all change quickly.

I have to say, if you can think you can swing the guide, I HEARTILY recommend Scott Donovan. I've fished across the country with various guides for various fish and I have not had anyone work as hard as Scott to put me (us) onto fish. Not only that but he's damn fun to be around.

I also highly recomment Scott. I've been out with him several times and have always appreciated how hard he works to put fish on the line...
    (oh! and then of course we have had a good success rate too!)

But even apart from the catch rate is that
    Scott is a great guy to spend a day on the water with and to learn from.

Book him if you can! You won't be disappointed.

Craig44

I highly recommend Scott also, went out with him a few weeks ago and on a day when nobody was catching anything, we boated 2. Had a great time, thanks Scott.

Bob