www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Nice note from a Road Rules Attendee!

Default Nice note from a Road Rules Attendee!

John Wagner sent me this nice letter tonight and it sure is nice to see that you can help people out with musky fishing information and they actually appreciate it from time to time! Congrats to John and his nice catch and a big thanks to him for the nice note! Please read below:

"Hello Tom,

My name is John Wagner and I have seen you speak a couple of times at both the Ohio Muskie Show and at the Muskie Road Rules. I just want to say that I used the black jig and creature combination you showed at the Muskie Show and nailed a really fat 39" at Clear Fork last Saturday. It was really neat and I want to thank you for sharing that "secret" because it sure got my season off to a great start! I used a skirted bass type jig with a black salamander body. I pinched off the tail and trimmed the skirt a little so it wouldn't interfere with the front legs of the lizard body, pitched it up into some tree branches that had fallen quite a ways out into the water and whamo! Couldn't duplicate exactly what you recommended but you know that old saying about necessity and invention! If you have a free moment could you send me the jig type you use and maybe the names of the creatures? I forgot my note pad at the show and think I remember Jack's Jigs. Is that right? No memory on the creatures at all. So I wanted to let you know you have a convert and also to express my gratitude! Hope you have a great season!"

Sincerely,

John Wagner

I truly appreciate nice letters like this, and this is why I do what I do, to help others learn more about muskies and catch more fish! I was accused of being an "Elitist" on my site last summer. Perhaps those same people who made those accusations will look at me a bit differently now....Anyone who has stopped in to see me at the store can tell you otherwise. I enjoy helping folks, period.
    Tom Dietz Outdoors
    Web Site: http://www.tomdietz.com

I know when I have been in your store you have stopped what you were doing and spent time with me to answer my questions, give me some helpful hints or tell me what lures you like for certain conditions.
    I have only been fishing for Muskies for 3 years and fish have fished exclusively at Peidmont Lake but am going to start fishing Caesar's Creek here soon since I live in Huber.
    I have learned a lot from your articles and am glad you have added them to this site for me to read.
    Thanks for the info, I'm sure it will put more fish in my boat.
    Kenny

Default Thanks Kenny!

I apppreciate the very nice message, Kenny! Best of luck in 2009 and thank you very much for your support!

Tom Dietz
    Tom Dietz Outdoors
    Web Site: http://www.tomdietz.com