www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice Conditions?

Default Ice Conditions?

Herbie:

I have just 66 more night before I get to Andy Myers on May 19 and of course I have to ask how the ice is (even though I now that ice out will not be for a couple of weeks.)

Ice is out here in northern IL, the flower bulbs are up, and I have already been fishing for largemouths here. It goes without saying that I am looking forward to Eagle Lake.

Cheers

Tom B

Smile

Hi Tom, i hope Herbie does'nt mind if i fill you in. The last couple weeks have been in the 30's to around 50, pretty warm with a fair bit of rain. It is now cooling down a bit, looks like maybe a week or so of 20's -30's. There is hardly any snow left on the lake with water laying on it. That eats away at the ice very fast. I'm sure it will be a normal year with ice out around the last week of April to the first week of may. Can't wait for some early season walleye action. It's a great time of year to get back out on the water.

Scott jaeger
    AML GUIDE

Just another update.

We have gotten about 8 - 10 inches of snow over the last couple of days and the temperature has dropped into the minus in the Celsius world again ..

This will definitely prolong the ice going out. But, that wont be a factor for the regular ice out time and great fishing in May ..

The rain conditions early this week were just a tease for what is yet to come. Some great ice fishing trips before ice out ..
    Ken G

Default Herbie

Will Let You Know.
    Rob,pete,danny Gillespie And Some Tag Alongs Are Going Up Ice Fishing This Weekend,i'm Hoping To Make The Trip Myself.
    Herbie
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

hi tom,ever thought of letting one of those streamers down a ice hole,bet you it would work on those trout right now.later.

Glad to here from folks. Hope everyone has fun ice fishing while it lasts.

I plan on doing some flyfishing for trout in Southwest Wisconsin in early April in the driftless area around Viroqua.

I have to admit I have been thinking alot about those nice early season lakerrrrrs on Eagle and Buzzard, not to mention those hungry walleyes that haven't seen a bait in months.

Cheers

Tom B

Any news on the current ice conditions?

The ice is starting to pull away from shore in places. We've had temps in and around 60 degrees all week. This coming week temps in the mid 40's. The ice on eagle as rule goes out within a couple weeks of itself year to year. this year i would guess sometime around the 10th of may but it all depends on the weather. I've kept track of ice in and out for the last 17 years and the latest was may 19th 1998, and the earliest was april 20th 2006. Most dates are somewhere between the last week of april and the first week of may.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Jags View Post
    The ice is starting to pull away from shore in places. We've had temps in and around 60 degrees all week. This coming week temps in the mid 40's. The ice on eagle as rule goes out within a couple weeks of itself year to year. this year i would guess sometime around the 10th of may but it all depends on the weather. I've kept track of ice in and out for the last 17 years and the latest was may 19th 1998, and the earliest was april 20th 2006. Most dates are somewhere between the last week of april and the first week of may.
    You should start a pool on who guesses ice out. House (AKA "Scotty Jags") take is 10% of the proceeds. Hey, what else is there to do in the offseason for entertainment, right?