www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Spring is offically here!

Default Spring is offically here!

At least on the calender Spring has arrived. There is still about 3 feet of ice on the lake. Vehicle traffic is still fairly easy on the lake. The accesses are sloppy so be careful. The perch bite is pretty good. A lot of fish, but you will have to catch several to keep a few eaters. We need some warm weather now to set up a good opener. Remember last year we still had ice on some areas of the lake for the opener. Water levels should be good this spring, hopefully the powers to be won't let out too much water this season.

I am heading to the Keys for some soft water fishing, can't wait.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

Hope you had a good trip down to the Sunshine State, nice place to go during a winter up North.

We are coming up the week after opening this year, can't wait to get back.

Murph, I was curious if you have fished, or had any luck fishing soft plastic swim baits for Walleyes on Leech?

Thanks!

Default Plastics

I have had some success using Gulp products. They are not a magic bait, but if the fish are fairly aggressive and eating minnows they will be fooled by the Gulp. I always have some in my boat, the convenience and not having to buy live bait is nice. Purchase the larger minnow bait, if you want to offer a smaller minnow you can just cut some off to your liking. The leech and crawler products are very good, just remember to dip them to re-charge the scent.

Had a great time in the Keys, however I thought I was back on Leech with the wind conditions. It was very windy for several days and we had to do the tourist thing. Did get out and caught some nice Yellow Tail Snappers. I did catch a nice Lemon Shark. Salt water fish just plain fight, they are unbelievable.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com