Anyone who has fished with me or watched this message board knows that I like Big Joes. I only started using the Big Joe a couple years ago and now I probably have 40-50 of them in the boat every time I hit the water. It's a very versitile soft plastic that can be used shallow or deep, weeds, rocks, you name it. It can be fished with a straight retrieve, ripped and paused, vertical jigged, you name it. It's very easy to cast, easier than a Bulldawg. The weight is more concentrated and the tail doesn't get fouled, causing the dreaded "Dawg-Ball".

The Mo Joe is the larger-sized version of the Big Joe. This was a great bait for me on Mille Lacs last season and the '09 version looks even better. The tip of the tail was redesigned to give it a dart tip, similar to the tip of the Bulldawg tail. This change gives the tails more action, even at super-slow retrieve speed. There's also a few new colors that look great. I saw the Mo Joe in the viewing tank at the Milwaukee show and it looked great. The tails were crazy active even when the bait was just crawling slowly along the bottom.

I loaded up at the Milwaukee show with a bag full of Mo Joes and will be using them a lot this season.