www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: It's Official!!!

Cool It's Official!!!

Today was officially my last day on the hard water. Sorry to see it end but time to polish the golf clubs. Fished today from 9:00 - 4:00 on a perch fishin mission. Fished everything from 6 ft. to 36 ft. and finished the season on a sour note. Not one bite,hit , miss, or thow back. Pretty sad, thought I was better than that. Ice is really changing now and turning soft . Headed up toward the Days just south of Center reef and more west. Drove the wheeler around some pretty ugly looking ice and set up in 19 ft. Started drilling and to my surprise only 5-6 inches under me and it was ugly. Didn't stay too long. If you don't have your shacks off better do it tomorrow and don't go alone. Drove all over today but would not do it again after tomorrow. Be careful and won't see me out there till next year. I Don't fish the soft water.
    Slammer Out!!!!!!!!!
    P.S. Also love the kick in the taters!!!

Thumbs up Thanks for the reports

I always thought of "GOLF" as a four letter word Are there any golfing forums you post on? It would be interesting to see how the golf posts compare to your fishing posts when you have a bad game, (is there score card origami, too? ) Gotta say, you've had the most entertaining "poor fishing" reports this season. Hope the fish are more cooperative for you next winter. Catch you then.
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

If the weather is nice enough to golf, its nice enough to fish.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SSMACNCHEESE View Post
    If the weather is nice enough to golf, its nice enough to fish.
    mac you stole my phrase...I had that copyrighted you "krafty" and "cheesy" bastard!!! haha

Golf? Whats golf? Oh, wait second. I think I too have a set of the stick looking things in bag in the corner of my basement, like the ones I seen on Caddy Shack years ago. Sorry guys, even if its too rough to fish, I'll go take a nap before I go play pasture pool. My season was pretty terrible except for the first ice perch bite, which was fair to good. Other than that, I had very little to action to post about. I'm sure some of the actions that occurred on the bay didn't help much, but I think sometimes there are just off years for people too. I know some poeple who did fairly well. Its ice fishing, in a couple week it'll be time for the real deal.
    These are the voyages of the S.S. Enterprise......to search out new weedbeds....to explore new reefs...to boldly go where no muskie fishermen have gone before.

Default golf?

i thought golf was for people who didn't know how to fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise View Post
    Sorry guys, even if its too rough to fish, I'll go take a nap before I go play pasture pool.
    That is the funniest thing I have heard in awhile. Pasture pool, that's gold right there!

Love seeing these posts.....leaves a lot more room on the courses for us diehards!

Quote Originally Posted by 1971miner View Post
    Love seeing these posts.....leaves a lot more room on the courses for us diehards!
    Love seeing your post...leaves a lot more room on the lake for us diehards!