www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report 3-13-15

Default Fishing Report 3-13-15

This is a typical March. One day 70 and the next day 40. A week ago this past Friday I had shorts on this past Saturday I had on everything I could get on.

Started back on Friday the water was at 45 just about everywhere. If you start the points it was 45 and if you got in the back of the creeks you had 45 I didn't see as many shad on Friday as I did the prior week. We got 1 fish on a Hell Hound and that was it. The water temp stayed 45 all day long. The fish was 32" and that was it for Friday.

Saturday it started raining at 8:00am and didn't quit until about 9:00pm. The temp started out being the same as Friday but warmed up a little in the afternoon which was surprising with a cool rain. Late in the day we did see more shad than on Friday. About 1:00 we got 1 on a Dunright Glider 38" and 10 minutes later got another one 32" on a twitch bait. Both of these fish came off the bank fishing into the cove about half way down. These two were the only ones we seen all day and we never seen a fish in the very back of any hollow all day. Sunday the water temp was the same as before the water had a little color to it on the south end but over all was perfect. We got a 30" on a twitch bait and a 34" on a twitch too. The pattern was the same going down the banks into the coves. Again nothing in the back. Sunday we seen a lot more shad movement everywhere. We never raised a fish all weekend everything we seen hit. Weather looks good pretty much all week. So things are only going to get better every week.

Things coming into the shop daily make sure to stop in and check it out and say hi. Good luck this week if your fishing..
    Crash's Landing Muskie Outfitters and Guide Post
    Justin Mullins

Web Site: http://www.crashslanding.com

Yesterday was beautiful. We had lots of sunshine all day long once the fog lifted about 10:00. The water was up a little bit. They was pulling yesterday but they will stop today pulling. The water warmed up nice. Everywhere early was 47-48 then warmed up to 50 and a little over in some spots. The water looked really everywhere. I will post a better update tomorrow on yesterday and today. Things are looking pretty darn good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Justin Mullins

Here is a better update than I gave Tuesday. The weather Tuesday and Wednesday was super beatiful. Lots of sunshine both days and it really helped on warming the water. Tuesday morning it started at 47-48 and Wednesday morning it started at 48-50 and by the evening it warmed up to low 50's. Fish are still scattered out some fish are shallow and some fish are still holding on deeper edges. The one thing that has produced for me is once you fish down banks and in the backs make a circle around cut across the middle some fish are still in the staging water that 8-12 foot range. The water looks really good on both ends. Beaver Creek yesterday was a little warmer than the lower end but it all will catch up in the next day or so. The toughest thing right now is getting those rattle baits through the weeds. We have got fish by ripping those rattle baits through them. Tuesday we got a
    32" and Wednesday we got it's twin. The big fish have not moved up yet. If we could some warm nights to go along with warm days it would help on moving those big girls up. Bait choices are the same as usual-- rattle baits, big game twitch baits, cranes, sledges, squirrley burts. Right now fish are going to be everywhere. I had some warm water yesterday fishing main lake flats and it will be a matter of time before these big fish move in everywhere.

Good luck this weekend and make sure you stop in new stuff coming in daily.
    Justin Mullins