www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: June trip

Default June trip

Looking forward to returning to C/H after being away for 2 years. Over that period of time I have noticed that there has been fewer and fewer fishing reports posted. Lets get this going again. We have been fortunate to have spent a number of years staying at C/H so i do have some first hand knowledge of the fishing in this wonderful area. We will be there starting June 6th so if any of you would like to share some information or pick my brain feel free to post your comments. One thing for sure is that it will be great to see some of our past fishing friends again and I plan to get Brian out in the boat again this trip.

Cross some EYES
    Dick

Dick,
    We will be there the first week of August. So I can't help you on your time slot. But that's the fun of it, finding them.
    They changed this board and I don't think a lot people re-registered. Hopefully as time goes on we will see more and more familiar names. I know Brian checks it occasionally, maybe we can get him to do some more posting when he gets up there than in the past. That would be helpful to all of his patrons, Mr. Wiggins are ya listening. Kym

Wallii,
    Let me pick your brain a little here. My vacation time comes up in early June and was wondering about fishing Ontario during that time with targets of smallmouths and walleye.
    You indicated you were going up June 6. What can one expect that time of the season? Smallmouths?? Walleye??? All responsed appreciated.
    pfessor

Dick, It's great to see you back! We left a few Walleye in the lake during your absence. Well it looks like we'll miss you by a week this year. We will be arriving on the 13th. I'm sure I'll be asking for Walleye info when the date gets closer!

Default June trip

It's great to see a couple of familiar names from past trips responding to my post. I have followed the reports for C/H during the years we were there and the last couple that we were unable to make the trip.
    Kym, I thank you for your fishing reports as we have always gone early in June and it's fun to compare presentations and patterns that we find effective to what works at other times.
    Dan, Great to hear from you. Missing the last 2 years was tough but sometimes things just happen. I look forward to getting caught up on the info for the time and trips that we have missed. If you still have my E-mail address drop me a note so we don't bore everyone else on Brian's site.
    Pfessor, I am primarily a Walleye fisherman and I will be glad to share what ever knowledge I have about the area. June has always been a terrific month for walleyes on LOW. If you go back in the past postings you will find info about our trips over the years. If you are planning a walleye trip to this area of LOW in June you can't go wrong. If you are looking for Smallies the season isn't open so it is only catch and release. No problem finding and catching those brown fish with cranks or jigs in the rocks.
    Sorry this is so long but I wanted to try to cover all the responses to my original post.

Cross some Eyes
    Dick

Wallii,
    Thanks for your response. I fish for Smallies for their fight-strickly catch and release. The walleyes, I like to put the small ones in the pan.
    I'll continue searching posts of past years in the archives.
    Thanks again and hope you have a super fishing trip.
    pfessor

Default pfessor

My old posts were listed under Dick if that helps.

Dick

wallii,
    I just finished reading your posts all the way back to 2002 which apparantly was your first trip to Canadian Haven but your 9th or 10th year at LOTW.
    I guess that makes you about an 18 year veteran in that area. WOW!
    Thanks again for your willingness to share information on fishing and specific baits and exact spots. Wish everyone would be so open.
    Tight lines.
    pfessor