www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: My new rods are almost complete!!!!

Default My new rods are almost complete!!!!

Musky Armor and I have teamed up once again and have been working on a few rods. The first rod to hit the scene will be my 9 footer. Stiff enough back bone to get a good hook set, yet a soft enough tip to keep the fish pinned and to produce less fatigue when throwing larger baits and bucktails. This rod will be able to fit a lot of your needs as you will be able to throw a 6 inch twitch bait on it all the way to a Mag Dawg. Awesome topwater and glide bait rod as well.

I should have my first shipment of rods in by mid to late April. We will also be coming out with an 8'6 as well.

If you have any questions, let me know!!!

Thanks,!
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

Just waiting patiently.
    John

Thanks for waiting so patiently....it won't be much longer I promise!!!

Your really gonna like these rods...they are pretty dang sweet!!!

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

Mike,
    Do we place our order with you?
    Thanks
    Paul_L

Paul,

Yes if interested in the rod, please contact me either by phone or by e-mail.

I will also make a post when the rods are actually at my house. The first batch of rods will be somewhat limited, and lot of folks have already spoken for some, so for those of you that are interested, be sure to let me know when I get them to be sure you get yours.

Also, this week I will be getting the price down, but as of now I think they will be somewhere around $129-$149....I will try and keep them as affordable as possible.

One more thing I want to mention is the 9 footer is actually a 9 foot blank. There are NO extentions in the handle or any weak points. The 8'6 is also the same way, complete 8'6 blank with no extentions.

I will keep you posted upon their arrival to my house! Thanks for your interest.

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

You have mail.

Default My rods are almost complete!

Mike,
    I am interested in your rods. Are you going to ship the rods out? What kind of warranty are they going to have? Type of guides are you using? What kind of handle are you using? I was going to talk to you at the MN Muskie Expo but you were always busy.
    Thanks,
    Troy

Awesome, Mike.
    Look forward to getting a grip on 'em.
    Hope to see you next week end if you are around?
    How is your bait coming along?

Any pictures of the rods Mike?

Jed

Cork grips or that other stuff? I'll probably be down for one of the 8'6" rods. I'd go for a 9 but I sit a little low in my boat (93 Lund Explorer).

Mike,
    Are these rods made in the US or are these rods made in China?

I have noticed a trend that the musky rods with a cheaper price tag are being made in China.

Who is making these rods and what type of blanks are being used ?

Thank you for your time and information.

Jim

Musky Armor is the company behind the rods. Chad Cain and myself had a few ideas and Musky Armor is trying to make it a reality.

The blanks are our own private lable blanks, Musky Armor blanks. My 9 footer is a true 9 ft. blank, no extentions in the handle.

Right now we are PATIENTLY waiting on Fuji.....they are behind on our line guides, rod tips and reel seats.

And they will have cork handles, not foam or anything else.

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

"The blanks are our own private lable blanks, Musky Armor blanks"

Um, OK - who made them or where did you buy them?
    I am asking because these rods sound great, but I will not buy a rod or a rod made from a blank that came from China.

Are these blanks coming out of China Mike ?

Thank you again for your time.

Jim

for your information jimmy, probably everyday of your life you either purchase, consume or use something made in china. maybe you are ok with your cell phone being made in china, your clothes, the wiring on your boat trailer, you dog food, your belt but just not your fishing rods? that's cool. for me, i dont care if my 'stuff' is made in china, korea, ohio, florida or canada, as long as quality and price are aligned.
    if i had to guess, the keyboard or entire computer you are using right now is made in china too..and so are the replacment parts for your outboard, most of your bass and walleye baits, your trolling motor and depth finder are mostly made in china too.

I'm not an Ambassador of China. I wish US Manufacturing could keep all the business we send overseas. however, that's just not reality. Personally, i'm glad i only pay $8 for an oil filter for my car, not $45 for a filter. i'm happy that that spark plugs for my boat are not $35 each...but they would be if we do not allow China to compete

it's too bad that the US loses jobs to China...we just cant compete with them on manufacturing right now. some day we will be able to, just not right now.

I admire your stance on this situation. it is admirable..really it is..stick your guns. stand up for your beliefs.
    tomcat

Default World Trade

Many years ago someone told me world trade promotes world peace. Beats the alternative.

If I buy a new rod this year the price will be a big factor.

Default rods

I'm with tomcat on the chinese made issue. Also, I love my country, but some of the stuff our manufacturers make is junk. Example: my Ford, my friends chevy, my friends dodge. My other friend has a 1999 toyota truck that all he's done is maintainence work, with over 230,000 thats quality. A 100% american made multi-component piece is either hard to find or not price economical for the purpose. Sorry to make some of you mad, but I worked in quality in RVs before the south turn and the big shots in alot of industries are worried more about money and cost than quality and durability of a product. Anyways, all that babble aside, Mike how long is the grip on the rod? Hope they have a big hook keeper as well.

sweet meat...i got to try out one of Mike' 9 foot rods this past week. i LOVED IT! for real..they are nice. super super comfortable and they do NOT weight a ton either. it's a light rod that's strong but with a tip on it that allows you to throw lighter baits like topwaters and smaller bucktails.

i'm not easily impressed and i usually demand the best equipment i can buy. i truely believe people are going to LOVE this rod. the grips/cork is very comfortable. the forgrip is the right length and the daimeter is of the cork is awesome too.

if mike can keep the price down on these we'll love 'em. i'm ready to order one..

Sounds Great!!!
    I can't wait to get my hands on one of these as well. I know mike only puts out the BEST!!!!.
    P.S I picked up one of your lights and all I can say is TOP NOTCH!!!
    STEVE FIORIO