www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 8th Annual Vermilion Dam Lodge Muskie outing on Beautiful Lake Vermilion

Exclamation 8th Annual Vermilion Dam Lodge Muskie outing on Beautiful Lake Vermilion

8th annual Larry Ramsel Muskie outing hosted by Vermilion Dam Lodge.
    www.vdl.com
    October 8-11th 2009
    Package includes lodging, meals, boat docking, and presentations.
    $450/person

Weekend get-together focused around catching big musky.
    Master map posted with fish sightings, releases, and encouragement to share information on techniques that work on Vermilion and other Canadian Shield Lakes.

Presentation by Larry Ramsell… One of the top historians of the Sport of musky fishing. He has written several books on world records, he is professional guide, and a long standing member and ex-president of Muskies Inc.

Several top Vermilion musky guides from Northland Muskie Adventures Guide Service will be hired for the weekend to give presentations, guide and offer advice. We also pick names from a hat to choose each day of the outing who will fish in Larry’s boat. www.northlandmuskieadventures.com

Weekend consists of fishing, great home cooked meals (including box lunches), and nightly presentation in the lodge lounge area.

PRIZE for the largest release

If you would like to attend and do not have a boat we have rentals available or we have fisherman attending that have room for another fisherman in their boat

Whether you are an experienced musky fisherman or just want to learn more about it……this weekend is a great opportunity to mix up with some guys that have been chasing muskies for many years.

Price $450/person

Deposit requirement is $50/person attending.

To make a reservation for this outing…..email ed@vdl.com or call 1-800-325-5780.
    www.vdl.com

Event Testimony
    For a guy like myself one of the things I like best about the Ramsell weekend is that I'm totally catered to. All I really have to do is sleep, eat and fish. I don't have to plan any meals, I don't have to shop for any meals, I just have to pack a few clothes appropriate for the season gather my fishing gear and show up. The food is always great and there is always plenty of it. I also enjoy the group of guys and sometimes gals that gather for meals and listen to the days fishing B.S. fly across the tables. What was seen what was caught where they are caught etc.
    Other aspects that draw me to participate in this weekend are the time of year and the size of fish that the lake has to offer. October brings cooler days that tends to thin out the recreational traffic on the lake making time on the water more enjoyable. It also tends to lessen the fishing pressure on the lake giving me just a little more opportunity at catching fish. Vermilion has big fish. I don't know what else I can say about that other than I know I've seen the biggest fish I ever seen on this lake. Just knowing that the next cast could raise one of those monsters is awesome.
    Then there is Larry Ramsell one of muskie fishing's legends and these weekends have allowed me to develop friendships with the likes of Larry and other fishermen of his caliber and character. What a pleasure that has been! Larry is full off muskie fishing history and information and is always willing to share it, both in casual conversation and through his Saturday evening talks.
    Last but not least is Vermilion Dam Lodge and its staff. VDL has become my fishing home. I don't believe that there is another resort on the lake that will take care of me as well as you and your staff. It is one of the most friendly and inviting places to stay at. I always feel at home there.

Thanks
    Joe

2008 Results
    22 attended..Weather was stable,wind calm,sunny, water temps from 55 to 57 degrees for first two days of the event. Over 60 fish seen/followed with 6 fish caught (42.5, 38, 42, 47.25, 45, 42). Most of the fish came off green weeds still remaining on west end of the lake. One large fish lost at boatside on Sunday on the west end of the lake..estimated at 53 inches..weather changed Sunday...several guys stuck around for an extra night...three fish caught in high wind/rain off wind blown reefs....51, 46 and 53 inch. Several fish came on Jerk Baits and 10 inch Jakes. Larry Ramsell did a great presentation and discussion in the evening on a musky tracking study...had three guides from Northland Musky Adventures Guide Service (Pete, Adam and Dustin)..they helped out and guided during the event...really made a difference for some to hook up with some nice fish. Marty our in house guide...guided a party to the 51 and 46 on Monday. Everyone looking forward to next year's event.

See you there
    Last edited by Dustin Carlson; 03-13-2009 at 09:26 PM.
    Dustin Carlson
    Northland Muskie Adventures

Default Muskies from the 08 VDL outing

Here are some pics of Clients and I from the Vermilion Dam Lodge outing on Lake Vermilion. Lake Vermilion is beautiful at this time of the year and the muskie pressure is way down compared to the summer. It really is a great deal, food, lodging, and drinks for only $450. Lots of fishing and great people make for a fun weekend.

Pete Brzezinski
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	muskie%2008%20001.jpg_450.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	4162   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pete and Steve.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	4163  
    Pete Brzezinski
    Northland Muskie Adventures Guide Service
    (715) 574-1813

3. Thumbs up Its a month away, Oct8-11 2009

Hi Everyone,
    Just talked to Ed at VDL and he said he still has room for the outing, should be a great time, look forward to seeing the guys that were there last year again!

If you have any questions, Please let me know

Thanks

Dusitn Carlson
    651-323-8800
    Dustin Carlson
    651-323-8800