www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Indian Lake

Default Indian Lake

Got a phone call from a very reliable source that the Saugeyes, are starting to bite at Indian lake.Im gonna give it a try in the am,birte usually deoesnt come on til the water temps reach max in the late afternoon. If your looking for some fine eating fish in the 14-16inch range this is the go to place right now.Here are a few facts since 1990.=243,000 fingerlings stocked.1991-633,2333, 1992-595,889 1993=1,168791, 1994= 630,998-1995=580,506-1996=581,684-1997=580,468-1998=578,640-1999=583,593-2000=874,160.If they stopped stockng after 2000 youd still be able to limit out!The stocking numbers from 2001 to 2008, are not below any numbers posted above.My bitch point, get your limit be happy and go home!Sad that some feel the bites on get your limit get em off the lake then do it again!Not my job to patrol but I will gladly pick up my cell phone and report anyone who wants to break laws.Indian Lake is heating up and if you cant get a 3 man limit from this lake your doing something wrong! C.B

where about's is Indian Lake coach ?

Default Re:Indian Lake

Indian Lake ,is in Logan County major town is Bellfontaine, its in the western part of Ohio!Someone else might be able to chime in and give some more facts all i know is right not itsthe hottest Saugeye bitei n Ohio! C.B

Default Still to cold

IMHO the HOT bite doesn't start until the water warms up and they start to school more. Not to upset coach, but i've caught over 100 in a day and let every one of them go just like i do with ski's...

AJ

Default Tough bite for me!

They are catching a few pigs, but the bite is definetly not Hot!AJ,your right the water temp needs to come up! I did see one old timer, who was dialed in and limited out he, was using floating jig heads with small weights and running his trolling motor slowly with 2 rods.As AJ, pointed out when the bite does get hot you can catch alot of Saugeyes at Indian Lake.The water clarity is good and it wont be long and honestly i didnt get the skunk out of my boat Saturday!AJ, incredible that you also catch and release Saugeye,I wont keep any over 21inches same for Walleyes, selective harvest.I dont think ive ever laughed as hard as i did Saturday, my old Coaching buddy kept saying why dont we fish over there where that guy on the bank with the yellow rain coat is fishing he hasnt left that spot all day?After hearing this for 2 hours we headed that way it was a cover over a chair C.B

Default The hot bite!

Its nice someone didnt get on here and go balistic cause they didnt catch a limit of saugeyes on Indian Lake!There will never be a guarnteed method how to dial in on a proven bite!Several things are happening right now in Ohio, and they happen fast and then fade.On the big pond Lake Erie,the Walleyes on the rocks in front of Davis Bessie, are commiting suicide key point is realizing there are alot of other reefs, other then those because the reefs with the least amount of pressure are the ones you might wanna key in on!Alot of limits of male walleyes are being taken from the Sandusky river in Fremont Ohio, right now the river is very low seek the higher depths.Many limits are being taken legally by 11am we are having a rare March!Everything is pointing in a HOT BITE on Indian Lake, and im sure by now many anglers have limnited out.I dont know the conditions on the Maumee river ,but im sure some anglers have dialed in.Im chasing Crappie ,and they are getting boring got enough in the freezer to last me thru the fall.All of us have been Blessed with an incredible March ,and no one has a reason to bitch.I will always be amazed why any one on planet earth would want to eat a Musky but I realize I live in Ohio! C.B

Quote Originally Posted by CoachBlue View Post
    AJ, incredible that you also catch and release Saugeye
    That was when i was pounding IL pretty hard back in '06 and had a freezer full of salmon and halibut from Alaska. My freezer has some room now, so 15-20 inchers are fair game

If i were heading up now i'd be throwing jigs ~ warp speed trolling starts when the water temps hit mid 60's...