www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Area Lake Conditions = VERY BAD

Default Area Lake Conditions = VERY BAD

The lakes here in Indiana are in HORRIBLE shape...extreme flooding.

Ramps are under water, water is way past people's sea walls and in their yards, floating debris, the lakes are in very poor shape.

Water on Webster is so high you couldn't fit a jon boat under the tube....

NO MORE RAIN PLEASE!!!
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

I hear the lakes over there are still dangerously high. I'm gonna try Ball and/or Skinner tomorrow IF those aren't horrible. The Angler (in Helmer) said Crooked/James/Big Turkey are not looked well...but Ball he heard was fine.

We'll see.

I have never seen the lakes this high before!!!
    There are houses that have 4' of water in them. I drove by Webster and saw just about the same. I went to Tippy and saw the same there. I sure hope this doesn't mess with our spring bite!!
    I feel really bad for all these people who don't have flood insurance.
    Thank God I am on high ground.
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    I hear the lakes over there are still dangerously high. I'm gonna try Ball and/or Skinner tomorrow IF those aren't horrible. The Angler (in Helmer) said Crooked/James/Big Turkey are not looked well...but Ball he heard was fine.

We'll see.

Skinner is flooded..

Quote Originally Posted by mcastor11 View Post
    Skinner is flooded..

Damn. Well I will have to rethink things....

For what its worth, Brookville is not flooded. Seems like its about 8' below summer pool. All day there today. Nothing.

I didn't go out today, but my buddy took the boat to Webster. No action, and the trolling motor popped a fuse. He said he marked some nice schools of baitfish, but the water was so dirty he couldn't see any follows.

Maybe by Friday the conditions will more cooperative....

Default Ball lake

I have'nt fished Ball yet this year but don't forget as I posted last year that I spoke to the DNR out there last year and due to lack of muskie fisherman using this lake the are thinking about ending their stocking program there. Has anyone heard anything further on this?

Although we're getting off topic...I've heard that about Ball, D-Hess....as well as a few other lakes.

I hit up Ball probably a dozen times a year for muskie....and usually a few times for bass. I'll admit...other than a few people cruisin' in a pontoon with rods hanging out the sides...or a family fishing at the boat launch...it gets very little pressure.

I fish Loon quite often since my in-laws live there. It's a great little lake...can't say enough about the place. Some nice points, humps, break lines, shallows...you name it! Some really nice fish in there..and it gets a decent amount of pressure too. Unless the stocked fish aren't surviving, I wouldn't see why they wouldn't keep stocking that place?

Same goes for Skinner. A nice lake with little pressure. Before I had my Lund, Ball/Loon/Skinner were about the only lakes I could fish in my smaller Starcraft. I love those places...and would hate to see them abandoned.