www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Spring Lake - Boat Limits?

Default Spring Lake - Boat Limits?

I am new to the trail and have never fished in Spring Lake. I have a 19' Aluminum Smoker Craft with a 150 HP Merc. I know there is a HP limit and the lake is shallow but any problem tilting my engine and using the trolling motor?

Thanks in Advance. Tom

Tom,
    No problem! Many others have and will be using their trolling motors to move around. My only word of advice is to register for the tourney soon if you haven't already. I'll check but I'm pretty sure there is a 25 boat limit cap for entries for this tourney.

It's good to hear you've come aboard to give us a try! Have fun and good luck! Maybe you'd like to become a member of the IMTT (and receive bi-monthly newsletters) and a membership card? For ten bucks, it's a great deal! Here's a link for that membership form should you decide you (or anyone reading) wants to join:
    http://illmuskie.com/images/membership09.pdf

Default IMTT Member

Mike, thanks for the info. I did sign up to be an IMTT member a month or so ago. Looking forward to a fun season!

Tom

Default Spring Lake - Hotels?

Anybody know of hotel(s) close to the boat launch? Its about a 3 1/2 hour drive for me and my partner and were thinking about spending the night close by.

Thanks,
    Tom

Pekin is about 15 minutes away. The Econo lodge is probably your best bet considering its location and price. I'm pretty sure they have electric outside.

Econo Lodge
    3242 Vandever Ave
    Pekin, IL 61554
    (309) 353-4047