www.lakegenevacannery.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Icebreaker 2009

What's the latest head-count on this gig?

Well, as best I can count theres:
    Toad & Hafpint
    PGA
    Mack
    John Routt
    Mcastor
    Hambone
    Shawn And I
    Not as much interest as I had hoped but we'll have fun anyway. I just wish we could get the WHOLE gang out there, that means you too ICE!!

I cant make it, I have to work this weekend.

I am going to try and be there. I will be late but I will do my best. How is the lake from the flooding? I have never fished Tippy so it will be interesting to say the least.

TAN will be with me as well.
    John

Well Ronchyski. LOL! I would love to be there with you guy's and the original gang but I knew it would not fly with wifeypoo that I would be gone two Saturday's in a row. I had committed to the Ice Out way before this was getting dialed in and that is why I suggested to you and Toad that we do it the second weekend in April. I'll be there in spirit. I am definately going to miss participating in this. Have fun and good luck all!

Iceman
    Iceman's Guide Service
    Mike Ice

E-mail - icebox9@worldnet.att.net
    Web Site: http://www.icemansguideservice.com

Well Mr Icicle I just plain forgot which particular week you could make it and really, it was all Toads decision so I have nothing to do with it So let's plan on NEXT YEAR April 3rd, does that give you enough time to make plans? Get a babysitter & bring the wife. Crappies are biting too ya know LOL!!
    All tongue in cheek of course

I might not be there at all now.

Long and unhappy story short:

Two sick kids, I'm spending my day off here at work in the office waiting on a second contractor to come out to my house to inspect a leak that is leaking water in our first floor through our ceiling fan from the past two rains, the one this past Sat night and the storm from last night.

i'm not happy.

If I'm there tomorrow and see you all; great. If I'm not there, sorry, you know why.

The joys of being a parent and a homeowner. Those two things trump fishing every time.

I did not think I would make it but now I am in....leaving for Bruce today my sewers were just put in going to check that out and getting the boat cleaned up from last week's fishing...Will have a special guest with me....sorry can not spoil the suprise.....

pgaschulz

PS You are right about the crappies ronny ski

Stick a big'un guys! Call me if anything good happens. I'll be there in spirit. Got too much stuff on my end to deal with this weekend.

Well, it was cold, but exactly as I had expected. Pretty dead. I got a 42 over open water on a goldfish of all things and that was the only fish caught. Even the crappies weren't biting, that surprised me a bit. Still a fun day though...

Nice job on the fish Ronski! Congrats!

Nice 'n thick there with 'ole bug-eyes!

Nice fish Ronski but what the hell did you do to it?
    Iceman's Guide Service
    Mike Ice

E-mail - icebox9@worldnet.att.net
    Web Site: http://www.icemansguideservice.com

Mike, I saw it swimming on top of the water so I hit it in the head with a pounder and netted it At least it seemed like that was the only way to get one to bite. Really, that fish almost pulled my rod in. I must have moved my rod somehow and engaged the reel and I heard it bounce a couple times and looked back to see it bent over. Another few seconds and it would have been gone. Good thing I've got rod holders for my boat now!

Well, Ronski got another t-shirt again. I was too busy trying to sink my boat to catch any fish, but I did manage to catch one. Ronski said there were no other fish caught, but that's not true. I caught a billy bass, so there. TThhhhppppptttttt. And I didn't have to resort to using goldfish as bait, which I'm pretty sure is prohibited in an old icebreaker by-law somewhere. Lincoln vs. goldfish, maybe, or perhaps even earlier. Ceasar vs Goldfish, I believe..... The rest of us also didn't stoop to getting our fish off the short bus either. Seriously Ronski, leave the poor blind fish alone for a change.

All in all it was a good time on the water in spite of the fishing. Once again, the day started off with a bass tournament jamming up the ramp. But we switched to pie-eyed and didn't let it hamper our day. Everyone helped me out with the inaugural launch of my new boat, which was a really good thing, considering. The drain plug wasn't in, so I had to take it out and drain the boat for a time, something that I would not have noticed if I didn't have twenty people assuming that I didn't know what I was doing. Ironically, I was doing the king of the world stance on the front of the boat earlier, so I guess I almost repeated the titanic movie on Saturday for real. Good thing I had so many guys to tell me how bad I was screwing up, lol.

Lunch was great, that bar at Pie-eyed petes is really nice. Hopefully we can make Ronski happy and do a night outing in june up there sometime. I for one, am sick of the cold muskie outings all the time, lol.

Here are some pics from Saturday, including my "other" fish. I should have weighed it in at the bass tournament, lol. Also a pic of my boat taking a morning leak so to speak. Also a nice picture of me with my new boat on the water. Well, almost nice, except for the annoying passenger next to me. Who is that dbag?

I think JOhn has some more pictures, but not for sure. Let's see them if you do John boy. It was a good time and good to get out and see some of the guys. Next time maybe some fish for a change?

Toad, A goldfish in the water is better than a sucker in the livewell. And in the Icebreaker bylaws it also states that bass, crappies, and any fish other than muskies, don't count. Nice bass though so I'll give you second place
    The morning show was worth being there all by itself, thanks Toad for the entertainment. Better for us to laugh at you while it's still on the trailer than after it's sinking! Just part of the learning curve, no harm meant.
    And on the topic of the June night outing, I'm just putting it out there so that maybe, just maybe, we can have an outing where there's more than one or two fish caught. I think we'd have much better odds then. If nobody else wants to do it, that's fine. I'll be out there by mysef then. No biggie....

Sorrry toad, no more pictures. It was a good time for sure. We all know how the maiden voyage is on a new boat, that's why I asked if the plug was in. If you haven't launched a boat without a plug, you're either a liar or haven't owned a boat very long.
    By the way Toad, when you fish with bass baits you're going to catch bass.
    John

Nice bass Toad!

Nice boat too! Congrats!

You were just testing the boat's ability to stay afloat while taking on water, weren't you? Just seeing if Ranger did it's job correctly to add in enough foam in all the right places to see if the boat take on a full load of water, if it still stays afloat, for the most part. I don't blame ya. Better to know the boat's abilities while you're in a controlled environment with plenty of help standing by and in shallow water.

Night outing in June? I want in. I can't miss another outing. Missing one is one too many.

Sorry Mack, your kids will be sick that day I'm sure....

Yeaup. Of course they will. Don't you know it. *sigh*

Trust me...I can already place my bets that my kids will get sick again next on Monday, May 11th. Why that date? Because the Classic is that weekend. Go figure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12