www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Icebreaker 2009

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Icebreaker 2009

Okay, I'm biting the bullet (because Mike made me do it) and setting the date for the Icebreaker on the first weekend in April, which is Saturday the 4th at Barbee Chain. This is far enough out that hopefully everyone can plan for it, but a week before Easter and a week after the Webster club has it's tournament. I've also looked through the bass sites to see if any had a tournament on that weekend and didn't see anything, so hopefully we are good on that date. I'll steal from Muskie addicts playbook from a few years ago for the specifics on time and details.

Meet at the launch on Kuhn at 7:30 and head out at for fishing around 8 am. Lunch at 12:30 at the landing. (Depending on how many people come, it may take a while to get food there, so bring a lunch if you don't want to take a chance of missing time waiting for food when you would rather be fishing.)

Close out the day at 6:00 PM and regroup at the launch to see how everyone did and to critique and judge boat landing skills, lol.

Optional Pool for fun: To anyone who wants to join, we can do $5 bucks into a pot. 1/2 the pot for person who catches biggest fish, and 1/2 the pot for person who catches the most fish. I will make a couple icebreaker t-shirts for the two winners too. Other booby prizes and awards are welcome, (or possibly not welcome, as the case may be) as always.

For anyone who hasn't been to an icebreaker, this is not a tournament, just a fun gathering of guys who like to muskie fish, and anyone is welcome to come and hang out. There are no egos to worry about, just some friendly bashing on occasion so bring your friends, family, and any hot playboy model cousins you may have, and we'll be sure to welcome them all.

We can start the tally below..........

Myself and Half-pint will be there, of course. If you need a partner, or boat partner, shout it out.

Toad

Well Shawn and I will be there for sure. Hopefully I'll have a few fish in the boat before then too
    As far as the $5 pot for big/most fish, I'm in there too but I think it should be split between biggest and second biggest if nobody catches more than one fish, or even pay 3 places, but that's up to you Toad. One person shouldn't get everything if there's only 2 fish caught by 2 different people. Hopefully we'll all get some and it won't be an issue!!!
    I would suggest calling in your order to the Barbee Landing like some have done in years past, unless you're not worried about losing an hour of fishing time. 834-2653 is the number I have for them, not sure if they've changed it in the last 4 years or not though...

If the landing is on the channel between big and little, I think its closed. The boss was up there 2 weeks ago and said its closed down. The one on the channel that is.

Well, thanks for the heads up. There goes lunch I guess. Anybody down there deliver pizza to a boat??

You can always eat at the Barbee Hotel or the pizza place that is attached. They have a pier (not sure if it will be in by that time) on the South end of Little Barbee and you can walk from there.
    Vince Weirick

Well..that sucks..I will be over on Lake Erie chasing big walleye..You guys have fun.. ;(

has anybody figured out whether or not were gonna move it to tippy? Or we staying with barbie

Tippy it is. Sounds good to me....all of the above apply, except we meet on Tippy... which ramp should we start the day on though?

Well thats a toss up! I guese we should prolly use pie eyed petes. (if we plan on eating there)! Another question is whats the ramp fee at pie eyed petes?

I'll launch at Pete's either way since I'm buying a pass for their ramp. (If I go.) I'll just meet wherever.
    John

You're going Routt! Get over it!! and tell anyone who says you're not to call & talk to me dangit!! And Pete's sounds fine to me. I've got a pass at the ballroom, but since we're not taking my boat, it doesn't matter....

Default Icebreaker

Me and Bryan intend to fish this. Hambone

Mack, I'm not sure if the piers are in or not. When we were there a couple weeks ago they were not, but it was really flooded then too We were there the day before they closed the lakes) Haven't been back since. I would guess they'd have them in now, but I don't know for sure...

There were guy's putting in piers on Barbie and Webster last Thurs, Friday and Saturday. I would guess that they are doing the same on Tippy now that it is open too.

Sorry guy's but you picked the wrong weekend for me to join you. Hummmmmm..........now that I think of it, Toad probably planned it that way. LOL!

Have fun and good luck!

Iceman
    Iceman's Guide Service
    Mike Ice

E-mail - icebox9@worldnet.att.net
    Web Site: http://www.icemansguideservice.com

What's the latest head-count on this gig?

Well, as best I can count theres:
    Toad & Hafpint
    PGA
    Mack
    John Routt
    Mcastor
    Hambone
    Shawn And I
    Not as much interest as I had hoped but we'll have fun anyway. I just wish we could get the WHOLE gang out there, that means you too ICE!!