www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: maiden voyage

Default maiden voyage

going out for my first musky adventure to cc on saturday. i have been planning all winter for this and i cant wait any longer. i dont even care if i dont even see one saturday i just want to be out fishing. i have a variety of lures anyone have any suggestions for what best presentations this time of year would be.
    thanks ian

Sunday's gonna be my first day. I'll try small bucktails, some slow twitches, and a few small jerks. Might even throw a rattletrap for a while just to see if I can Rattle my Way to Spring Success. good luck now. m

Goin out tomorrow for a little while. Think I'll try some traps and some twitch baits and mabye some plastics. gonna cover ground and see if I can raise a fish or three
    Mason

that is the one thing i dont have is many ratl traps i only have 1 bluegill color might look into getting a couple more before i head out. hope the boat starts or it will be a short voyage

Default report

Drew one strike from a short fish burning an orange rattle bait last Saturday and drew a strike trolling but never saw it because I suck at catching fish. Hope ya stick a big one! Did the traditional burn the trailer bearings thing and bless the muskie fisherman who showed up with a Oxy/Acetyleen torch.

i suck at catching fish to. but i thought even a blind squirrel found a nut every once in a while. i am heading out again saturday and hopefully late sunday to try my luck does anyone have any temp readings this week

Best I can recall thats where the name came from, but the old boy does know how to catch muskies.
    Mason