www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Abu Garcia Revo Toro 60

Default Abu Garcia Revo Toro 60

I am thinking of purchasing one. I like the feel of it in my hand and the few product reviews I have found have good things to say about them but still would like some info from someone with personel experience. I know they were just released this year...just hopin for info.

Thanks,

Ernie McAlexander
    yesterdays tomorrow is today!

You know, these reels intrigue me... I am still not sure if I am willing to give Abu another shot. I have experienced MANY disasters with them in the past. They just do not hold up like they should. I have owned and regretfully sold two Swedish made 7000's that were excellent. Not sure what to think. You should buy one, fish with me and then let me use it the rest of the season Big Ern.
    Kevin Cochran's Guide Service
    Kevin Cochran

Web Site: http://www.kevincochranguide.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cochran View Post
    You know, these reels intrigue me... I am still not sure if I am willing to give Abu another shot. I have experienced MANY disasters with them in the past. They just do not hold up like they should. I have owned and regretfully sold two Swedish made 7000's that were excellent. Not sure what to think. You should buy one, fish with me and then let me use it the rest of the season Big Ern.
    Well, I am getting it to put it on a new rod from Keith, so you might as well try that out too.
    yesterdays tomorrow is today!

You should also look at the Daiwa Saltist 30 with levelwind. I picked up two to use as my client reels this year. They look like they are built well and were fairly inexpensive (under $200). I am picking up a Saltist 40 to use as well.
    Kevin Cochran

Big Ern,
    I am actually picking up two of these reels to use this year! After I talked to Steve Herbeck he told me that these reels were built tough. Rob Manthei and Herbie worked with the Abu engineers from Sweden on the new reels. I guess if they are exactly like the prototypes then they will be fine. Only time will tell though.
    Kevin Cochran

Well Kevin, you shouldn't run short on any reels anytime soon LOL, I just pick up one of those Toro as well. Can't wait to try it out this year. They sound like the real deal from what I've heard.