www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Madison Fishing Expo

Default Madison Fishing Expo

Was anyone else dissapointed with this years expo? Lots of information but I didnt think there were as good of deals as there had been in the past years, only found a couple stands that had decent deals on lures. I could be crazy though.

Thumbs down Madison fishing Expo

Definitely disappointed. In my opinion, it wasn't worth the price of admission and parking... We won't be going next year.

I hate to give into the Doom & Gloom we all read and see every day. But, this is the signs of the economic times we are in. I am on the Pro Staff with a major distributor that provides to clients like Bass Pro, Cabelas, Gander,... I can assure you, we have new limmitations on the amount of products we get.

Advertising funds are way down. Way down meaning that most of the Co-op money for advertising has been cut off. I'm sure even DS has a very difficult time now having companies share in the cost of promotions. This directly relates to the deals given out at shows like the Expo. Over-all sales are dropping off the map as we (all consumers) cut back or eliminate luxuary type purchases. When manufactures cut production rates down to 50-25%, they are not making any money. They still need to pay their over-head, so budgets such as Expos, Pro Staff Positions, and other promotions are eliminated or done in a very selective manor. Its tough for all of us, as quality products are not cheap.

I know a few people that are involved in organizing and running the expo. Everyone, please keep in mind these people donate their time to make this event happen. They work ALL year to draw in speakers, booth displays, and any type of support they can receive. Kudos to them for working so hard at a thank-less job. To best vioce your opinions in a mannor that will make a difference, please contact anyone on the board for the Expo and tell them what you liked and what you would want to see different. Just saying it was disapointing and no deals is not offering up a solution to make it improve. Types of vendors to target, speakers, facility, layout, promotions, .... will all aid in improvements.

I hope the state of the union improves for all of us soon. The cut-backs are unlike anything we have experienced since the 70's. Hope to see you on the water!

I wasn't bashing anyone about it, i was just saying that in general there weren't any deals like there have been in the past, and like anyone in the country we know it deals with the economy, and I know that these people put tons of time in to make the expo happen each year and i didnt say anything about them either, i think you took my post the wrong way.

Default Madison fishing Expo

Definitely disappointed. In my opinion, it wasn't worth the price of admission and parking... We won't be going next year. The only thing I will support is the Fishing has no boundaries in Madison.

Peace

WeFish

BuzzinDaBass, maybe the tone of how I stated my thoughts came accross a bit strong?? I didn't think that your post was bashing anyone. I read a few posts on another site, and a few conversations that were knocking the expo pretty hard. Suprisingly, there are a lot of people that don't understand how messed up things are in our economy, and wonder why stuff isn't given away.

Yea i hear ya, hopefully things get turned around, sorry for any misunderstanding.