www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Polarized Sun Glasses

Default Polarized Sun Glasses

Looking for some insight on nice polarized sun glasses. First starting out in this sport I had primarily lower end gear. Now that I am getting more into the sport I am starting to upgrade all of my stuff. I got a new 8'6" pro edge stick and I'm looking at a new reel to pair that with, and I know I need a better pair of polarized glasses then the 14.99 gander mountain special.

Anyone have a preferred brand or lense color? I have looked at some oakley's and bolle's. They seem like pretty nice glasses and are around 100-150 bucks, and that is a price i am willing to pay to get a nice pair.

Any thoughts would be apprciated.

Thanks,

Marc

Marc,

You will have a lot of options out there to look at.

I wear Oceanwaves, and LOVE THEM. They are a little heavier than some due to the lenses being glass not plastic but the lenses have also never been scratched either and I don't treat my glasses as good as I should, so they are super durible as well.

No matter what glasses you get, I would seriously consider the "Backwater Green" lenses. They are the best overall in my opinion.

Costa's are good, Oceanwaves are my favorite, Maui Jim's are great too, Oakley's are decent, etc....

It will come down to which frames you really are comfortable with. Try on a bunch and see which fit your face the best and which ones are most comfortable, but like I said, I would try to get the "Backwater Green" lenses.
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

With me getting "OLD" I had a set of Bolle's 2 years ago, with prescription. I liked them. I changed Insurance company and now I have a set of Oakleys that have my prescription in them. I love them. Funny thing is the Oakleys were cheaper than the Bolle's.

I know at the time Oakley only had a handful that were polerized in precp. Now it seams they have more.

But the main thing, Try on all the ones you like and get the one that feel the best.

i use the h30s with the perscription inserts and i love em. one of the best investments i ever made. plus you have the option of interchangable lenses for differnt conditions.
    STEALTH TACKLE
    "Clearly the Leader"
    www.stealthtackle.net

Just a tip & I know it sounds like common sense.
    My budget for fishing is always tight & I've learned a few things about Murphey's Law.

TAKE CARE OF "EM!!!!

I have kept mine ONLY for fishing, otherwise they're put away and now have MANY years on them without a scratch (proll'y just jinxed myself!).
    Put them in a glasses bag that you use to clean the lenses and put that in a HARDSHELL glasses case for when your fishing partner sits on them.
    Get a strap so you can ALWAYS hang them & never set them on the boat deck 'cause the gods will cause them to roll over on the lense side just where you have sand in the boat.
    When you don't put them away after fishing & now you're driving use the strap to hang them from the rear view mirror so they never come into contact the dash or whatever.
    If you must clean them without the cleaning cloth, swish them around in the water & make sure they're real wet & lubbed when you wipe 'em down, yes I'm still talking about the glasses, not you're date.
    If you must set them down, don't close the ear pieces, if they're open they help the glasses from tipping onto the lenses.

Random thought: I would think the TV poker guys would wear the flat green lenses, no reflection or see-thru, but I haven't seen that yet.

Is the ice out yet???????