www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Cell Phone Reception

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cell Phone Reception

I know this question was probably asked before, but I was wondering if there is any cell phone provider that allows you to get reception on the Chip. I know the one I have doesn't, but I seem to recall Ty saying he could.

Thanks for the info.

I have Cingular/AT@T. I have a great signal on a large majority of the lake.

Verizon doesn't work for me. I think Alltell (sp?) works.

Default Verizon/Alltel

Verizon and Alltel are now the same company. Alltel never worked for me up there, but not sure now with the Verizon merger. I hope it will.

It has alot to do with type (software base) of phone you have than it does with your provider. I have two different phones with alltel, one works, one doesn't. Someone explained the difference in phone software to me once but I didn't understand a word... other than one kind will work in that type of environment and one kind won't.

That should be "clear as mud"

Cold Front

My Verizon doesn't work too well except near Hayward. Suprisingly, one of those Trac Fones from Wal Mart seemed to work really well.

However, when I'm up there on the lake, I sorta' want to get away from my phone. I know that won't work for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Front View Post
    It has alot to do with type (software base) of phone you have than it does with your provider. I have two different phones with alltel, one works, one doesn't. Someone explained the difference in phone software to me once but I didn't understand a word... other than one kind will work in that type of environment and one kind won't.

That should be "clear as mud"

Cold Front
    Coldfront is pretty close here... it actually depends on the hardware on your phone. Some old Alltell/Verizon phones will work on the flowage if they have analog & digital radio chips in them. Analog equipment is legacy and is being replaced by digital by all providers so unless you have had a plan with Verizon/Alltel from a long time ago and are still using the same phone you will not get service out on the water. In fact, most cell towers in the northwoods have had their analog equipment replaced with digital.

I have both at&t and Verizon and I dont even bring my Verizon phone out fishing with me.

Dan Hardy