www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Traxstech rails

Default Traxstech rails

Has anyone ever tried out the rails that traxstech makes. It seems like a decent system and very versatile system. Like to hear some of the pros and cons before I put 500 in the system. Same gose with the rod holders they make.

Thanks

Toothyfishman has that system, I think........he will be on here tomorrow morning.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I also have the traxtech track on my boat. Toothy has a longer track and a little different setup than I have my boat. I have both the adjustable rocket launcher and S-10 rod holders.I use the rocket launchers for walleye and the S-10s for Musky. I will try post some pictures.
    Last edited by Little35; 03-01-2009 at 07:53 PM.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Little35; 03-01-2009 at 07:57 PM.

I'm here, I love it! Get it for sure.

I have a differnet set up. I have 4 feet of track on both sides so I'm covered for anything. I have a "T" stand that is 18" so I can kick the "T" sideways in the track way at the end and run a rod start down into the water beside the motor out the back and one out to the side from the "T". I also have some like Little35 that he's using for his side rods that I use if running more than 4 rods.
    Fishing weeds it sure is nice to be able to dump the rod tips in the water.
    That would be the only downfall of Little35 set up. But he does differnet things than I do so......Maybe you'll like that setup better. I don't ever fish walleyes.

At the Ohio show they were there. They make everything but a toliet seat that slide into the track. I mentioned that so it may be coming soon?

I have no complaints with it. I have built a few things of my own that slide into it. Have more plans for it this season.

Best part about it, you can go from full blown fishing with tons of rods to pulling the kids on the tube in about 2 minutes. Tear down is easy and quick.
    It is not cheap but worth it to set a boat up right. I got a nice thick payment book so I'll have my rig for a long time....very long.

I probably have some pics around if you think you want to see them.

I love it.
    Last edited by Red Childress; 03-02-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Default Thanks for the pics and information

I have a Crestliner 1600 Fishhawk and was looking at putting either the 4 or 5ft traxstech rails on both sides of the boat. I was looking at putting the tube style holder on the front of the boat and then use a down east on the back of the boat. Do you'll feel that a 4 ft rail is a good size to go with. I also use the boat to still fish. In that case I would probally go with depthmaster rod holders.

Thanks for the pics Little35.

If its not too much of a pain Toothyfishman I would like to check out the pics.

I have new setup fo this year for Musky. With my setup Toothy is correct that I can only run my outside rods in the water, with the inside rods I could get the tips to touch the water and that is about it.
    I am adding a couple of the Ranger style rails to my boat for this year.

I have a 1750 Sport Angler and I would have went with the 4ft or longer track but with only a few spots for gunnel access (where they have cut out for the cleats) I could only use a 2ft track because I could not reach to get the backing plate up to the bolts. The other ways you could put a track clean up to the steering wheel is to bolt through the extruded gunnel or cut more access holes. I did not want to put a long bolt through the gunnel because I thought to make tight enough I may end up crushing it.

This year I will only be using the bar that you see in the pictures crossing the stern of the boat, is when I am trolling for walleye.

One more thought, I do not use the rocket launcher style for musky anymore. It is way too hard to take the torque off the rod with a musky on the other end. I just used them and the S-10s the first few times out in my boat and then I switched to all S-10s.

If I was going with a rail only I would consider going with the Fish-On rodholders.

Maybe this will help you keep from making the same little mistakes that I have.
    Last edited by Little35; 03-02-2009 at 11:39 AM.

Trooper I send the pic to Red and he said it was too large.

How about an email address and I'll just send it to you.
    You can private message me if you don't want it on here.

Frank

traxtec, tite lok, and berts custom tackle all have good track systems for your boat
    I have both tite lok stuff and berts custom tackle with many different accessories...down east holders, rocket launchers, downrigger mounts, planer masts, etc.
    if you want to check out tite lok stuff, Captain Gary's carries everything and has the best prices I've seen
    try to stick with one brand. some of the attachments/mounts are not compatible with other manufacturer's mounts. I think traxtec and berts are the same size, but tite lok are different

Trooper you got mail...........

Let me know if the pic doesn't work